The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

wow. i thought the first one was the road warrior.

i fuckin drink way too much. lol.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

hey!! whattabout waterworld. that was kinda like the mad max of the sea, yes?
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

That was the very pricy film that Kevin Costner did!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

highpriestess wrote:hey!! whattabout waterworld. that was kinda like the mad max of the sea, yes?
Sarab wrote:That was the very pricy film that Kevin Costner did!
Yeah that had a really good feel for a good film. I loved the ideas of how earth/soil/dirt was looked at as valuable for growing food products etc.But the mutant Costner with gills behind his ears.I thought that was something we could of skipped out.The film nearly bankrupted Costner as he put all his money into making it, thinking it would be a block buster. But alas it made very little and was a some what flop but like HP said it was the Mad Max movie on the sea.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

Zakk Daniels wrote: Movies like Natural Born Killers is PURE MOTHER FUCKING RUBBISH!!

I am just sick of Hollywood glamorizing Murders and violent sociopaths. I use to like that shit, but have since started to hate those kind of movies. Our world is violent enough to have to watch more of it. I do like action movies though, but that violence is usually unrealistic and over the top. I just do not like graphic gore and murder stuff. Just my 2 cents.

ROCK ON!!!
wow. can't believe that i missed this post. first of all... let's clarify that Tarantino doesn't get to completely have his head on the chopping block THIS time for Natural Born Killers. He wrote the story, but his screenplay was rewritten and changed quite a bit by Stone, et al ... and the film wasn't a Tarantino film, it was an Oliver Stone film.

Next... the movie/story ITSELF is ABOUT exactly what you just stated there. If you watched it and all you got from it was that it was just some unnecessarily violent, pointless film then you didn't REALLY watch it. I thought that film made a PHENOMENAL statement about how the media glamorizes mass murderers and serial killers, and violence as a whole for ratings and money and fame.... and how ALL human beings have such a bloodlust. The killers are out there killing and we're sitting around with our faces glued to CNN wanting all the gory details... or watching forensic files for no other reason than morbid curiosity. Look at Charlie Manson... he has MASSES of fans... probably gets more fan mail than any other human being on the planet. This movie TOOK you there. I thought it was a great film. more *real* than you think.

and believe it or not... it was even kind of a love story. lol.

sorry, zakk... but that's just my two cents.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I have been going through a British film pahse recently. At the weekend I bought Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels. ! forgot what a great flick it was!! (and an early role from Jason Statham)

Also got Children Of Men and enjoyed it thoroughly. The most fun of the four was Jason Statham in The Transporter one and two.

His American accent If it was meant to be one, was a bit suspect :)...it was redeemed by ace martial arts fights and great car chases!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:I have been going through a British film pahse recently. At the weekend I bought Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels. ! forgot what a great flick it was!! (and an early role from Jason Statham)

Also got Children Of Men and enjoyed it thoroughly. The most fun of the four was Jason Statham in The Transporter one and two.

Matt
children of men is a solid film, it was much more than i expected in all honesty.

I love british films from the 60s. There are so many classics to choose from, it was probably the highlight of british film before massive hollywood budgets snuffed us out.

I recently watched "if...." not what i expected but brilliant nonetheless. im going to watch "Kes" at some point soon.

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

does anyone here like documentary? and more to the point has anyone seen "Grizzly Man"? i cant believe "March of the penguins" beat it to the oscars :evil:

another great recent documentary "The Bridge"

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

bored and sick of the depressing news about recession so i put on kiss Kiss Bang Bang on. It stars Robert Downey Jnr and Val Kilmer and really funny!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

We watched Withnail and last night and it is still just as funny and the script is razor sharp!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rhGCAqEG2cs
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

lol Withnail and I is a good film, talk about capsulating some form of life out there :P

Plus Grant and McGann are awesome! :D

Simon
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I watched Hot fuzz angain at the weekend and still think its lame.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:I watched Hot fuzz angain at the weekend and still think its lame.
Lame Ian ? - Jog On !!!
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

What the hell is Hot Fuzz? ohhh, wait.....do I really wanna know??
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

lol its a cop comedy.

no one gets their sausage out.

Rob