The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Post by Axeman1956 »

I love all the Rocky, Rambo, and Die Hard Movies.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

^^ I'm a pretty big Rocky fan, too.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I'll watch almost any action movie
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

matt if they ever make a film on agustin barrios this would be the guy to play him!!!!the resemblance is amazing!!!in barrios' later years anyway..check it out http://www.ballerstatus.com/2010/09/01/ ... van-oriol/
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I wil be watching 'Paradise now' again this weekend and I think everyone should do the same.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I've been watching a lot of films recently, some good, but mostly rubbish i'm afraid.

"Transformers" still terrible.

"Night Watch" was... interesting, although i should have known i wouldn't get along too well with a film approved by Q. Tarantino :|

"War of the Worlds 2" (yes there is a sequel) Probably the most ambitious use of zero budget I've ever seen, also maybe the worst film I've ever seen, but i have seen some shit in my time.

"Hot Fuzz" Genius.

"Diary of the Dead" a film you can sleep through.

"Lethal Weapon 1+2+3" a franchise that slowly goes downhill after the first hour, still fun though.

"2010: The year we make contact" (sequel to 2001) Very interesting, great sense of doom throughout, could have been brilliant, but still fairly good.

"Crank" One of the more interesting films I've seen in years, very post-MTV, an average film, but very amusing.

"Munich" let down by the last hour and average editing, but the best of the above.

P.S. and i worked on a short last week, so a very filmy couple of weeks :D

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rice_pudding wrote:"Hot Fuzz" Genius.

"Munich" let down by the last hour and average editing, but the best of the above.
I found' Hotfuzz' dissapointing when I had loved 'Shaun of the dead' so much, it seems a poor relative when compared! :|
I had hopes for 'Munich' but from a historical context it wandered from actual facts to help assist a myth :(
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Trigger wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:"Hot Fuzz" Genius.

I found' Hotfuzz' dissapointing when I had loved 'Shaun of the dead' so much, it seems a poor relative when compared! :|
I had hopes for 'Munich' but from a historical context it wandered from actual facts to help assist a myth :(
I actually disliked 'Shaun of the dead' when it came out but it grew on me...that aside... Yeah 'Munich' is certainly not historically accurate but i think it did a good job of approaching the political issues at hand, even if it felt very clumsy at times. I'm not sure what Spielberg was hoping to achieve with it, i skipped his intro :P

I was expecting the film to finish with the incident in Norway, it ended pretty shit really.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I never knew Clint Eastwood turned down the offer to play James Bond & Superman ?... Check this out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader. First time seeing it. Maggie is one of my favorite actresses, and I think she nails the role as the submissive secretary.

Really recommend it if you're up for some S&M drama/romance. :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274812/

Secretary was always quite popular when i worked at a video store, wonder why :P

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I haven't seen any of those? For a second i thought you meant "stranger than paradise", a great little film by Jim Jarmusch, maybe his only truly great film?

I watched 'Transformers: revenge of the fallen' last night. OMG what a piece of shit :lol:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:
rice_pudding wrote: "stranger than paradise", a great little film by Jim Jarmusch, maybe his only truly great film?
Haven't seen that one. Would you recommend it?
Well... it depends, Its a very low budget "nothing happens" film.
IMDB
This is about a self-styled New York hipster who is paid a surprise and quite unwelcome visit by his pretty sixteen-year-old Hungarian cousin. From initial hostility and indifference a strange affection grows between the two exiles. Due to complete boredom they decide to visit their aunt in the wastelands of Cleveland and then proceed to sunny Florida where they lose all their money and unwittingly gain a fortune. With a final ironic twist, they are at the end, back where they began."
Personally, it reminds me of Italian neo-realism, incidental plot, events, locations etc. with unremarkable everyday characters. Nothing really happens, a lot of people would probably get bored, although the film is only 90mins long. It has a very dry sense of humor throughout, its a very subtle film in every regard, but quite poetic at times.

Watch the trailer if this appeals, then go for it, you can watch the whole thing on youtube anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToCSOp7F ... re=related

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk