The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Chief Double Whammy..
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

How the Hell did i forget this film the intro is great so macarbe and it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck..
"My life fades, a vision dimms, all that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos...." Has anybody remembered this one ??..
Not forgetting a film which i ended up crying too and any film that can move me to tears has got to be good 'AI'- Artificial Intelligence. Spielberg again what a man he's wrote so many great films..
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Shaun

The ancient Indian in me wants to call you 2 posts (he he)

No they are not my 10 favourite films, but my most inspiring. Top 10 favourite at the moment

1.Ed Wood-Johhny Depp
2.Silence Of The Lambs-Anthony Hopkins
3.The Matrix-Keanu Reeves and co :)
4.Thunderball-Sean Connery
5.Houdini-Tony Curtis
6.The Bank Job-Jason Statham
7.Dead Man Walking-Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon
8.Contact-Jodie Foster
9.Love Actually-Keira Knightley. Andrew Lincoln, Alan Rickman etc
10.Dangerous Liaisons-John Malkovich, Michelle Pfeiffer and Glenn Glose
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I saw Bicentennial man last night on tv. I just love how one child likes the robot and the other loathes it just like the mother.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Zakk Daniels wrote:I LOVE JAWS!! Check out my Model!!
+1
That's movie has everything: action, drama, humor, horror. Everytime I see it it's still great! There are not that much movies like that! 8)
yep jaws is a brilliant film, almost flawless, great soundtrack, great editing... i'd go on but everything is great 8)

one of the best pieces of mainstream hollywood ever, i cant remember for sure but i believe it gave rise to the concept of a summer blockbuster, changing the industry forever.

It also spawned a very famous movie pitch:

"jaws in space"

you can all gues what that is :)

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: "My life fades, a vision dimms, all that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos...."
reminds me of the intro to mad max 2 :P whats it from

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote: No they are not my 10 favourite films, but my most inspiring. Top 10 favourite at the moment

1.Ed Wood-Johhny Depp
2.Silence Of The Lambs-Anthony Hopkins
3.The Matrix-Keanu Reeves and co :)
[...]
Matt, you are a brave man picking a top ten not to mention very decisive, im not sure i could ever pick a favourite 10.

Here is an even harder question; what is your favourite scene ever?

Mine would be the last scene of Rambo, its simply incredible. People say Stalone/ Damon etc. are bad actors, and they are. But they all manage to find one role they blow apart, and this was Stalone's.

It's a scene thick with political intent, and even goes so far as to slap the audience in the face. It's one of the boldest, honest and most heartfelt things i've ever seen on film. We go from all the techniques and flash of a hollywood film to a bookend with no music and hardly any editing. No film has ever quite embodied the publics relationship with its military servicemen so well and i doubt another film ever will.

Rob
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

"As good as it gets"

"The Shining"

Will be probably in my top 10 too!
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

rice_pudding wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: "My life fades, a vision dimms, all that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos...."

Rob
Yeah Rob.. you got it, Mad Max 2 i was absolutley nuts about this film. It was a crazy story post apocalypse and evey body mad for the smell of gasoline.The precious fuel ? they did plenty joy riding so it couldn't of been that precious Eh! LOL! ..But still a classic cult movie..Just a pity Mad Max 3 wasn't as good, but it had its moments.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

uh. wasnt "mad max 2" TECHNICALLY called "Beyond Thunderdome"?

tina turner was rocking the ginormous earings in that movie!

someone said Contact in their list. i LOVE that movie. i also agree on The Shining.

gotta throw this one out there, though, man...

GREASE *is* the word ;)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:"As good as it gets"

"The Shining"

DAMN!! I forgot As Good As It Gets Patrick!

Me and Kevin Kyle from RRTK send messages from that movie to each other. On my youtube is "people who speak in metaphors ought to shampoo my crotch" :) LMAO!

That script!!! Non stop fantastic comedy writing and I really relate to Melvin!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

highpriestess wrote:uh. wasnt "mad max 2" TECHNICALLY called "Beyond Thunderdome"?

tina turner was rocking the ginormous earings in that movie!

someone said Contact in their list. i LOVE that movie. i also agree on The Shining.

gotta throw this one out there, though, man...

GREASE *is* the word ;)
HP the Mad Max 2 film was called the 'Road Warrior' on some of the film posters.But 'Beyond the Thunderdome' was the third film with Tina Turner.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Matthew wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:"As good as it gets"

"The Shining"

DAMN!! I forgot As Good As It Gets Patrick!

Me and Kevin Kyle from RRTK send messages from that movie to each other. On my youtube is "people who speak in metaphors ought to shampoo my crotch" :) LMAO!

That script!!! Non stop fantastic comedy writing and I really relate to Melvin!!

Matt
I was indeed quite :shock: 'ed you forgot that movie Matt.....
Jack is legendary in that one! :lol:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:

Rob
Yeah Rob.. you got it, Mad Max 2 i was absolutley nuts about this film. It was a crazy story post apocalypse and evey body mad for the smell of gasoline.The precious fuel ? they did plenty joy riding so it couldn't of been that precious Eh! LOL! ..But still a classic cult movie..Just a pity Mad Max 3 wasn't as good, but it had its moments.
Mad max is an interesting trilogy i love the characterisation and development of the hero. It's the kind of film that would be overlooked by snobbish academic circle's, but it deserves a second look.

Rob