The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

highpriestess wrote:anything Quentin Tarantino is pretty much guaranteed to get my 7 bucks at the theater.

I think one of my alltime favorite movies ever is True Romance.
Only 7!?
Out here, it's 11!
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

have you guys ever seen this? it's movies in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies :) - i'm partial to the exorcist: http://www.angryalien.com

Matty, THIS one is especially for you: http://www.angryalien.com/aa/bondbuns.asp
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Barbara

I can't believe I missed this.

The people who put that together are quite ingenius! I reconised all the clips and the sequesnce was wonderful :) thanks. Bloody briliiant!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I went to Morrisons supermarket last night and bought the new Sex And The City Movie!

I also picked up the new Metallica album too. The guy who served me said "ah, this one (The Metallica) is for you, and this, (pointing to Sex And The City) is for your girlfriend?!

I explained that they were for both of us (he he)

Anyway...if you didn't watch the series the movie would lose a lot. There are a lot of references to earlier shows, mainly in the form of past dilemas and ex' etc. It is very clever and funny though, and a great feel good movie without all the usual slush.

Highpriestess, I mean Samantha :), is her usual brilliant self and there is a great scene where in order to be faithful she has to indulge in extra food to curb her libido for the highly sexed young man next door!

I am very keen to see my favourite action hero at the moment, Jason Stetham in Death race.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

NicDots wrote:
highpriestess wrote:anything Quentin Tarantino is pretty much guaranteed to get my 7 bucks at the theater.

I think one of my alltime favorite movies ever is True Romance.
Only 7!?
Out here, it's 11!
meh! sorry but im afraid i don't share the enfusiasm for Tarantino. I dont have anything in particular against him, but DAMN HE'S OVERATED.

p.s. in response to earlier talk about the Rock's acting; he's surprisingly good, an solid performance in walking tall, although knoxville stole the show.

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:I went to Morrisons supermarket last night and bought the new Sex And The City Movie!

I also picked up the new Metallica album too. The guy who served me said "ah, this one (The Metallica) is for you, and this, (pointing to Sex And The City) is for your girlfriend?!

I explained that they were for both of us (he he)

Matt
I love confusing shop assistants with weird combinations :lol:

i remember getting police academy, the last action hero and the three colours trilogy once.

french/polish arthouse mixed with classic arnie action LMAO

Rob
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I love the Kill Bill movies too!

Matt
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

Alex wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:meh! sorry but im afraid i don't share the enfusiasm for Tarantino. I dont have anything in particular against him, but DAMN HE'S OVERATED.
I disagree. Look at what he did during the 90s. Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers and Jackie Brown. Not a lot of people who can touch that.
*high five*

from dusk til dawn.

i also like the kill bill movies, like matty. the man's got vision! it's all about organized chaos. love it.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

highpriestess wrote:
Alex wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:meh! sorry but im afraid i don't share the enfusiasm for Tarantino. I dont have anything in particular against him, but DAMN HE'S OVERATED.
I disagree. Look at what he did during the 90s. Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers and Jackie Brown. Not a lot of people who can touch that.
*high five*

from dusk til dawn.

i also like the kill bill movies, like matty. the man's got vision! it's all about organized chaos. love it.
sure those films are good and he is undeniably a very enfusiastic film-maker. But a large degree of his work is based upon an endless hat tip to other films, until its gets silly and loses meaning. As a film lover i cant fault him and that is the basis of his popularity in my opinion. But there is nothing about him that makes him stand out as a significant figure. But then i am open minded i may change my opinion.

i watched pulp fiction once but never got to the end, it just didnt engage with me. one of the only films i've ever stoped watching.

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Jeez that was refreshing!!! Hearing someone saying why they don't like something and it making perfect sense.

I can see why you do not like it, I just don't mind over looking those things because I love the films so much.

A bit like Julkian Bream always spreads too many chords but because I llove his style I turn an affectionate blind eye :)

Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

ps screw it!

I might just send an angry pm because I cannot believe someone has the audacity to not like something I do!!!! :)

Matt
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

p.s. Pitt's character (Floyd) in True Romance... even tho it was such a small part, it STILL actually one of my favorite Pitt characters. "Don't condescend me, man...."

Floyd rules. lol
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:
I can see why you do not like it, I just don't mind over looking those things because I love the films so much.

Matt
well, they are still good films, i just object to the almost god like figure Tarrantino has aquired in some circles. but that is how our society works :lol:

I think tarrantino needs to take a step back and maybe silence the film fan part of his personality a little bit.

Speaking of directors Paul Greengrass is certainly starting to leave a mark although he isnt really well known. I was impressed with the stylistic slant he gave to the last Jason Bourne film... but it could be argued that was the editors doing :?

Rob