Apparently Ed is Sick

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Apparently Ed is Sick

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So I was just browsing the news and cam across this article that says EVH is undergoing tests for and "undisclosed medical problem"...

Cranial Rectal Inversion maybe? Nah, just kidding... I do hope he gets well, he's still got a lot to offer.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

now THAT'S some funny stuff. :lol:

(nice to see you have a pulse ;) )
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Hrm...
At first when I heard about him on this tour and how he's been out of it, I'd thought he'd fallen off the wagon again. Let's hope whatever's wrong with him gets sorted.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Holy shit, that was terrible. :shock:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

:? ... :(
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

ken01fan wrote:Listen to this mess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljWq08g_D8
Yeah you can see him trowing his guitar away here and pushing the amp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0f2N5ae ... re=related

(watch the end)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stewie wrote: Yeah you can see him trowing his guitar away here and pushing the amp:
:lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

eruption didnt go to well did it, but the guy is still a shit hot guitarist. everyone has off days and i got a lot of time for van the man :)
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

He's having a string of off days sadly. Either he is as drunk as he has ever been or something seriously wrong medically is going on.

Extremely hard to watch. The Eruption clip just about made me cry. :(
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

yeah, a medical problem called alcoholism. Don't know how many of you are from Dallas, or came to Dallas when Dimebag Darrell died - and while I will say thjat Darell loved the guy and it was a really, really, cool thing of him to do by putting that yellow and black frankenstein guitar into Darrell's casket (and he was burried with it. he'd have shit nine colors and never belived ya if you told him when he was a kid that that was going to happen!) anyhow - he (EVH) got so totally trashed beyong all recognition at Darrells funeral, and at the memorial service at the convention center after the funeral. It was just sad, sad, sad. Poor Zakk Wylde was out on the stage during the public memorial - you know, TRYING to say a few words and whatnot, and here comes Ed, drunk off his ass and making a complete ass of himself. Zakk was trying so hard to be cool about it and treat Ed like the LEGEND that he is - but you could see Zakk was getting very, VERY frustrated. Not that he's much better when it comes to being an alcoholic, but really, it wasn't the best time for Ed to turn into the annoying drunk, ya know?

I love Ed. But I was so embarrassed for him. seriously.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No one here KNOWS Ed is having a drinking problem again. He went back to rehab after Dime's funeral.

Why must everyone bash Eddie Van Halen? Without him 99% of us wouldn't even know of Randy Rhoads. Ozzy went in search of a guitarist in Southern California because of his experience with Van Halen on tour with Sabbath. He knew Ed was the wave of the future and that to compete he needed someone in Ed's league. As a result, the world was introduced to Randy Rhoads.

So whatever is causing Ed to have problems, I hope he finds resolution to it. If it is alcoholism, remember, that is a disease. Do you think Ed wants to be an alcoholic? Reformed or otherwise?

Eddie Van Halen was, and is, one of the two greatest guitar players of a generation. One cannot be mentioned without the other. Both should be held in the highest esteem for what they brought to the table and the ispiration they gave to millions of us.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

Like i supported Eddie above, i still think hes a great guy and a great guitarist. I wouldnt say alcoholism is a disease, just because its referred to as a physical dependancy i'd say anyone has the self discipline to stop themselves drinking.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

Paul Wolfe wrote:No one here KNOWS Ed is having a drinking problem again. He went back to rehab after Dime's funeral.

Why must everyone bash Eddie Van Halen? Without him 99% of us wouldn't even know of Randy Rhoads. Ozzy went in search of a guitarist in Southern California because of his experience with Van Halen on tour with Sabbath. He knew Ed was the wave of the future and that to compete he needed someone in Ed's league. As a result, the world was introduced to Randy Rhoads.

So whatever is causing Ed to have problems, I hope he finds resolution to it. If it is alcoholism, remember, that is a disease. Do you think Ed wants to be an alcoholic? Reformed or otherwise?

Eddie Van Halen was, and is, one of the two greatest guitar players of a generation. One cannot be mentioned without the other. Both should be held in the highest esteem for what they brought to the table and the ispiration they gave to millions of us.
who's bashing? I simply shared a story of which i have personal knowledge, having been there myself and seen it with my own eyes. I also stated that it was SAD and that I was embarrassed for him. Face it, dude, his problem IS alcohol. Even if he is sober at the moment, it STILL has taken it's toll - the years and years of abuse - which may or may not have caused another medical issue for him... but no one can deny that poor ed has definitely done some damage to himself over the years... that's not bashing, that's just FACT. deal with it.

I dont recall seeing anywhere where anyone denied that Ed is and has been a huge influence or that the musical industry doesn't owe him some kudos. i see alot of people who seem to be dissapointed in him, but again - that's not bashing.

you're the one who said he had head up the ass disease or whatever. sheeeesh.

and eddie DID make a huge ass of himself all up in that funeral. i lost alot of respect for him as a PERSON that day, not as a musician.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

HighPriestess I wasn't directing my comments at you. It is a common issue here and at .tk that when Ed's name comes up, negativity ensues.

I posted that he is sick, so videos of poor performance are posted? Why? To make him look bad.

You post a story, again, about what an ass he made of himself at Dime's funeral? Why? What bearing does his behavior in the past have on him being ill now?

I'd just like to see, for once, a thread about Ed Van Halen where people don't bash him. Yes, I made the "cranial rectal inversion" comment, which was an obvious joke for those of us who know the history of Ed's comments about Randy. I also said I hope he gets well because he still has a lot to offer.

You had the unfortunate opportunity to see Ed behave badly at a very difficult time. That's a shame, really. It saddens me to think he showed up drunk. I just don't see where that has any bearing on his currently being ill. Doctors don't run a "battery of tests" on someone who is drunk. They do it on someone who is ill.

My thought is that he has been suffering from some form of illness and been masking the pain with alcohol. Again, that is a shame if it is true, but it is understandable. I've done it myself. My heart goes out to him that he hasn't been able to defeat his demons.