eBay story

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

eBay story

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I got the most interesting phone call from FeEx today...

Back in early December I bought a Gibson V on eBay - I posted about it in the Musician's thread at RR.TK with the pics from the eBay site. So I waited and waited and the guitar never arrived.

I contacted eBay and the seller and get this story about how he sent it from a place that went out of business the next day and he had no tracking number, etc. So I went through the whole PayPal process and got my money back and figured I lost out.

So today FedEx calls and says that in their lost package department they have "a guitar shaped like an upside down V" and do I know anything about it? Apparently it got as far as the parking lot of my apartment but there was no apartment number on the package and only my first name and last initial (who ships stuff without a name on the address?), so it sat in Seattle for a month and then was shipped back to Connecticut where it came from; but they have no record of the seller. So this lady has been researching for weeks and has called every apartment in my complex and finally got to me (there are at least 100 apartments in this complex). She has to approve the shipping with her boss (normally they like to return things to the seller) but it looks like I just may end up with the guitar after all.

I feel bad that I don't know how to contact the seller to pay for it now, but I'll research that angle. I believe in paying what I owe, I am just amazed to hear about this guitar again...
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

Just out of curiosity....did you get it from Carlson's???? I live in Connecticut and know that Carlson's went out of business last year....let me know!

Stephanie
<3 <3 <3
THE Gillis Girl
Stiltzkin

Re: eBay story

Post by Stiltzkin »

RockyRhoads wrote:I feel bad that I don't know how to contact the seller to pay for it now, but I'll research that angle. I believe in paying what I owe, I am just amazed to hear about this guitar again...
I think the seller is at fault for not providing FedEx with
full address and all. You could however pay a symbolic amount of $$ :!:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I really dont think you should pay all of it. i think you should pay half, because i presume he will have got some insurance money. but im not sure :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

FedEx called back today and are asking for the sellers info because their policy requires them to return it to him. SO it looks like I won't get it after all, simply because the guy couldn't fill out the address portion properly.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info on him, either. I deleted it when I was refunded because I figured the case was closed at that point... so I guess some lucky employee at FedEx gets a new Flying V...
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

guess its pot luck innit :(
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

my mum ordered £80 worth of Ozzy and Sabbath t-shirts for christmas that never came, and the site never replied to any emails. We got a PayPal refund

they came like a month later having been round the world a few times (loads of stickers all over the box)

They never did get the money back :lol:
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RockyRhoads wrote:FedEx called back today and are asking for the sellers info because their policy requires them to return it to him
Does that mean that if the seller is not found you can buy it cheap at an auction of unclaimed items? :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:FedEx called back today and are asking for the sellers info because their policy requires them to return it to him
Does that mean that if the seller is not found you can buy it cheap at an auction of unclaimed items? :D

T
The guitar is safely home with the seller and my money has been refunded...

It annoys me that I offered to redo the whole purchase, send him the money in exchange for the guitar and he never responded... That's the last time I'll buy an instrument through eBay.