I know this really sad, geeky, nerdy twat....

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:Ian, I showed Mike your finds, and he thought they were awesome! He said that a metal detector wouldn't do any good here. Living on what was at one time swampland, doubt if we'd find anything of value.
With all the high water level you might find lots of things from the last flood and all the other that have happened in your area. Also its worth considering that where you live was part of France so you might turn up lots of pre-USA independance French Empire relics.

One thing I am lucky to have here in my county is recorded history going back over 2 thousend years and documented history going back 5 thousend years.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Well Darin, you asked for more things and here are two from last week, the Leicestershire badge is the cap badge from what was our country army battalion, they fought and worked in India which is why you can see Hindoostan commemorated across the top. They were merged with other battalions after WWII and are now called the Royal Anglias.

The coin I haven’t had ID’d yet but is around 700/800 years old and both the badge and this coin were found about 200 yards apart.

Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

the badge is great :)
i found a WW1 era cap badge once but ill be damned if i know were it is now! ill try to find it and get a pic up.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Wow man, Those are fkn cool artifacts! That's what's great about having a metal detector....especially for you guys where civilization goes back thousands of years. :)

Here in California all I find is jewelry, gold nuggets, and meteorites. :D

Dean
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

deansolo wrote:
Here in California all I find is jewelry, gold nuggets, and meteorites. :D

Dean
Nothing special then :lol:
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

okay then, i'm off to purchase a metal detector. i can keep the manual in my plastic pocket protecter.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:okay then, i'm off to purchase a metal detector. i can keep the manual in my plastic pocket protecter.
hahahaha. Don't forget to wear the bottle glasses while consulting the manual.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

cableguyxx wrote:
Sarab wrote:
frank wrote:okay then, i'm off to purchase a metal detector. i can keep the manual in my plastic pocket protecter.
hahahaha. Don't forget to wear the bottle glasses while consulting the manual.
Real men don't read maunals: we have our wives read the manuals, while we get hopelessly pissed trying to figure out how it works :oops:
behind every man theres a woman rolling her eyes... :roll:

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

ain't that the truth.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Seriously tho', there's big bucks in meteorites. Some museums / collectors will pay thousands for a good specimen.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:
siro_angel wrote:
cableguyxx wrote: Real men don't read maunals: we have our wives read the manuals, while we get hopelessly pissed trying to figure out how it works :oops:
behind every man theres a woman rolling her eyes... :roll:

Simon
ain't that the truth.
Yep! And what's funny, after we read the manual, we can put it together...
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

deansolo wrote:Seriously tho', there's big bucks in meteorites. Some museums / collectors will pay thousands for a good specimen.
Thats very true, so you were only kiddin about the gold nuggets and jewllery then? I bet you have to dig through layers of unicorn skeletons to get to them! :D

T
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Trigger wrote:Well Darin, you asked for more things and here are two from last week, the Leicestershire badge is the cap badge from what was our country army battalion, they fought and worked in India which is why you can see Hindoostan commemorated across the top. They were merged with other battalions after WWII and are now called the Royal Anglias.

The coin I haven’t had ID’d yet but is around 700/800 years old and both the badge and this coin were found about 200 yards apart.

The coin is of Alexander III of Scotland who brought Peace and prosperity to Scotland. He also defeated the Vickings and his daughter became Queen of Norway. He died on the same day as Randy 696 years earlier after a tragic 'transport' accident by falling off his horse.

What I am most stunned about is that I live hundreds of miles from Scotland this coin was not English currency, yet it ended up lost near my house! and has not seen the light of day for the best part of a thousand years. The hatred of the Scots was so great even though we were not fighting anymore, I can only say that it would be like Osama Bin Laden being King of Canada and the Americans trying to forget the past!

This is why I find it wierd it being so far from the blood stained borders of Scotland.
Last edited by Trigger on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.