I know this really sad, geeky, nerdy twat....

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: I know this really sad, geeky, nerdy twat....

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i never got my metal detector.. the only metal i see is the Heavy Metal musix....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Bought one for my oldest son one year for Christmas... we went to the park down the street to look for metal. He found a quarter in the dirt and then got the bright idea to hold the detector up to my pockets to see if I had any money on me :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Did any of you's see the TV series 'American Digger' with ex wrestler Ric Savage ?. I'm sure some of the programmes had been rigged they always seemed to find a hidden museum piece. 'Boom Baby' was his motto for all the work done in the ground they always looked a little bit too clean for me to be convinced.

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/idc1yr ... war-relics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 48390.html
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Typical of American TV as of late... Storage Wars lost one of their original stars (yuuuuuup) because he was offended by the planting of items in lockers. He actually does buy storage lockers to fill his secondhand shop, so the emphasis on 'treasures' eventually pissed him off. American T loves to insinuate excitement and drama at every turn. American Pickers is the only show of that ilk I am willing to watch, and even that has moments that seem too good to be true.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Typical of American TV as of late... Storage Wars lost one of their original stars (yuuuuuup) because he was offended by the planting of items in lockers. He actually does buy storage lockers to fill his secondhand shop, so the emphasis on 'treasures' eventually pissed him off. American T loves to insinuate excitement and drama at every turn. American Pickers is the only show of that ilk I am willing to watch, and even that has moments that seem too good to be true.
Just reading this now - thread resurrection! :)

I don't know if you guys are aware, but STORAGE WARS has some small print which says something along the lines of "the episode is recounting the story of some of the biggest/best finds of the people involved". So right there, this stuff isn't happening live. It's obviously fake, and the stuff is planted. Is it entertaining? Sure, but I think the interest is starting to wane with this type of show. And I wasn't sad to see Dave "YUUUUUUP!" Hester leave. His tv personality is annoying. I say "tv personality", because I'm sure he is not the same grating guy in real life.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The planted stuff isn't the most annoying part to me... the most annoying part is listening to them assign prices to the things they find in a locker, "That's $50 all day long" for a piece of used crap... the show was interesting for about a minute and then just got boring. The Barter Kings and Pawn Stars also were interesting for about 2 episodes...
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The planted stuff isn't the most annoying part to me... the most annoying part is listening to them assign prices to the things they find in a locker, "That's $50 all day long" for a piece of used crap... the show was interesting for about a minute and then just got boring. The Barter Kings and Pawn Stars also were interesting for about 2 episodes...

what a phony show...if these lockers with worthless junk can sell for 200$ min. wouldnt it be way more profitable for the rental company to fill up all their lockers all the time with junk and sell them as abandoned lockers every day? This would bring a lot more money than renting them out by the month.
i once went to a storage locker auction and it was all junk and white trash guys,just like the show-gross,no thanks,once is enough.
mind you,once in a while you can hit a jackpot but i have no idea how you can determine that a locker hasnt been staged just so they can make a fast buck.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120