Jake E Lee youtube interviews

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

friday

Jake E Lee youtube interviews

Post by friday »

First time Ive listened to the youtube interviews. worth checking out.

he mentions Ozzy head butting Don Costa at the back of the bus = what an arse hole
he mentions Sharon handing him a contract at the end of recording Batm , option = walk or sign. he signed and thats how we have the music now. = what arse holes the Osbourns are

Ive always read the story that Ozzy let him go because Jake wasn't contributing or had nothing to say about a forming song .

what a load of shit Ozzy was spewing. I was sucked in by it, which is basically guitar world mags.

It is only since Bernie Torme died that Ive had a close look at things. not impressed with Ozzy at all, he has the right voice but his albums have been absolute horrible SHIT ,the only decent stuff is decades ago. If those albums did not exist, he would not have a following at all.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Jake E Lee youtube interviews

Post by Paul Wolfe »

friday wrote:...not impressed with Ozzy at all, he has the right voice but his albums have been absolute horrible SHIT ,the only decent stuff is decades ago. If those albums did not exist, he would not have a following at all.
Unfortunately the same could be said for MANY artists. Aerosmith put out a lot of records, but none of them hold a candle to the stuff from the 70's. Black Sabbath lived off of the 70's material for ages, all the stuff after Mob Rules was meh. KISS? After Love Gun (Alive II) it was pretty much crap. The Stones? Lynyryd Skynyrd? Of course Skynyrd now isn't really Skynyryd. Scorpions after Blackout which was 1982. Iron Maiden after Piece of Mind (in my opinion, I realize a lot of people liked Seventh Son and Powerslave... okay, Maiden after Powerslave not so great)

In fact, I can't think of many bands who put out anything worthwhile in the last in the last decade. The last album of new material I enjoyed was Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue back in 2008. Even the last VH record was just official recordings of songs from 1977 and earlier.

Music is dying. Sad but true.
friday

Post by friday »

whats a guitar?
turn tables have out sold guitars for a long time. them figgin "DJs" rake in $100k+ a "gig"

hell the Wiggles are rock stars, they make mo money, the highest paid entertainers , $40 odd million p.a!!

what I was actually getting at , was , I didn't know Ozzy was such as ass hole when firing people etc
hes as bad as his missus and they deserve each other. without writing "partners" he isn't showing any hope of delivering any worthy songs.
no more tears is it. and that's out side writers

its reflected in Zaks playing the same ol shit and endless harmonics

been watching Jake on youtube, fantastic playing but with an unmatched band.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Between Randy's death and early 85 the band member turnaround was monstrous, because apart from a few shortish breaks Ozzy toured constantly with pretty much the same song set a brief pause to record BATM and out again to tour.

Randy dies

In comes Bernie and joins Tommy A, Don A and Rudy S

Bernie leaves and Brad Gilis joins

Rudy leaves and so does Don A, and in comes Pete Way and Lindsey Bridgewater

Pete Way and Brad G leave and in come Don Costa and Jake E Lee

Don C and Lindsey B leave and in Don Airey and Bob Daisley return play at US Festival in San Bernadino and go off with Tommy A and Jake to record BATM

After recording the album Tommy A is tossed out and Camine Appice is brought in for the tour but is tossed out in early 84 and Tommy A returns to the band. They tour until the summer of 84 then get back together Jan 85 to play in Rio and Bob D, Tommy A and Don A leave the band to be replaced by John Sinclair Randy Castillo and Phil Sousan.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

friday wrote: hell the Wiggles are rock stars, they make mo money, the highest paid entertainers , $40 odd million p.a!!

I took my boy to see the Wiggles years ago... at one point Anthony (the blue one) said, "Murray (the red one) would like to play something for you all on his guitar..." So Murray walks to the edge of the stage, smiles at the crowd, and starts to play Stairway to Heaven... ALL the parents cheered!