Don't meet your heroes ?...Have you ever been let down

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Don't meet your heroes ?...Have you ever been let down

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Just a question to put out to the guys who have idolised their fav guitarist or bands. Then that all important moment when they climb out of the limo to the response from their PA sorry we don't have time for any autographs...As they are hurried into the venue..that's normally a common site at gigs these days. But have you ever paid for a meet and greet and the band have been anything but nice...or they have done the normal rushed photograph and next please... I've had a few moments with various rock stars and i'll mention them later but share your stories with us....Try and get some interest sparked up on this site... cheers
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Re: Don't meet your heroes ?...Have you ever been let down

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Not a rock star, but I met David Copperfield after a show. I was a wee lad waiting in line with a black and white glossy for it to be signed. I told him he was amazing and he replied "I know.". He scribbled his name down and I was usherd along by his staff. What an ASS!

I met Tommy Aldridge at a drum clinic and he was so nice. He didn't mind at all me asking about Randy. Even when, later on, he referenced his time with Ozzy he talked about Randy while looking right at me! I learned alot that night...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

A couple weeks ago a few Seattle Seahawks were at the local high school where I work and we were specifically told there would be no autograph signings. If the football team here in Washington State is going to visit a small town, the least they could do is sign a few autographs for the fans.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Nothing regarding the OP's post but sort of...

In about another 3-7 years virtual reality and holograms are going to take over the world by storm. You are already seeing concerts here and there of dead musicians like Michael Jackson, Dio and i think another one was Tupac. These were all one off shows that took months to plan but this is the future. You can bet that there will be holographic touring bands like Hendrix, The Doors and whomever else is out there and popular enough to put the show on and there estate allows it. All they really need is some basic footage to get started, the more the better though to base the character on.

Who knows, years after Ozzy is gone they may do a holographic concert of him, who better than Randy Rhoads on guitar, imagine that! The after hours , Arizona and ET footage along with seemingly 10s of thousands of photos of Randy would allow them to cop most all of his poses and make it pretty believable.

The quality now is pretty damn good and only going to get better, 10 years from now it will look like there truly is a live person on stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRTghGZ7XU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8BeWAhzBd8
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Shockwave wrote:Nothing regarding the OP's post but sort of...

In about another 3-7 years virtual reality and holograms are going to take over the world by storm. You are already seeing concerts here and there of dead musicians like Michael Jackson, Dio and i think another one was Tupac. These were all one off shows that took months to plan but this is the future. You can bet that there will be holographic touring bands like Hendrix, The Doors and whomever else is out there and popular enough to put the show on and there estate allows it. All they really need is some basic footage to get started, the more the better though to base the character on.

Who knows, years after Ozzy is gone they may do a holographic concert of him, who better than Randy Rhoads on guitar, imagine that! The after hours , Arizona and ET footage along with seemingly 10s of thousands of photos of Randy would allow them to cop most all of his poses and make it pretty believable.

The quality now is pretty damn good and only going to get better, 10 years from now it will look like there truly is a live person on stage.

Sounds like a snooze-fest to me. How am I gonna hit a hellogram with a water bottle if they sucK? Lol. J/K

Sorry but it just don't seem like something I'd wanna blow my money on.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Rhoads-Fan wrote:

Sounds like a snooze-fest to me. How am I gonna hit a hellogram with a water bottle if they sucK? Lol. J/K

So if a Ozzy diary hologram concert came to your town you wouldn't go? I would doubt that lol :). Maybe if the cost was like $250+ I wouldn't go but anything under I would, ahh who am I kidding if it was diary I would probably pay $500+ :)

Same thing is going to be happening within movies in about 10 years. Someone, I think it was Michael Jackson was actually buying the digital copyright images of actors in the early 2000's for this purpose. This means that after an actor dies he had the digital rights to them and could have then star in new movies as a hologram or whatever other technology is available to make to make it happen. He or whoever it was had a lot of A-list actors digital rights purchased before the rest caught on to prevent it, , one of them purchased was Robert Deniro I remember reading.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Shockwave wrote:
Rhoads-Fan wrote:

So if a Ozzy diary hologram concert came to your town you wouldn't go? I would doubt that lol :). Maybe if the cost was like $250+ I wouldn't go but anything under I would, ahh who am I kidding if it was diary I would probably pay $500+ :)

Same thing is going to be happening within movies in about 10 years. Someone, I think it was Michael Jackson was actually buying the digital copyright images of actors in the early 2000's for this purpose. This means that after an actor dies he had the digital rights to them and could have then star in new movies as a hologram or whatever other technology is available to make to make it happen. He or whoever it was had a lot of A-list actors digital rights purchased before the rest caught on to prevent it, , one of them purchased was Robert Deniro I remember reading.
It would have to be with Daisley and Kerslake. Just sayin'..... :D
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Bob would sue the Osbournes over the hologram concert for not receiving payment. Sharon will say you well you guys weren't even there!
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Shockwave wrote:Bob would sue the Osbournes over the hologram concert for not receiving payment. Sharon will say you well you guys weren't even there!
And the Rhoads estate wouldn't sue? Did Randy sign his life away? Just curious is all.

Off topic, but hey this place could use some action :lol: