Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bin Laden

Post by Trigger »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
Trigger wrote:Why is it that when some people are faced with a topic and they dislike people’s opinions they decide to resort to sarcasm, silly photographs or rolling eye smiley’s? Words will do and sensible questions should be asked of those whose opinions differ from yours!.
RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:When is the last time a Western country claimed to (positively and with 100% certainty) kill someone they hadn't?

Take your time .... I'll wait.

You conveniently failed to answer my question, above.

There was no sarcasm, silly photographs or rolling eye smilies in my reply.

It's funny how I answered your question (as to WHY NOT release photos), above, yet you chose to see it as "sarcasm and silly pictures."

A photograph isn't "proof-positive."
I thought you were asking a very different question and I will give it some thought now I understand what you were driving at? maybe this is the first who knows? I really am not convinced either way but I imagine it is comforting to believe that his personal reign of terror is ended regardless of clear evidence, and I can see that a faith in everything you are told by the powers that be is a comfort and removes the need to ask questions.
I still feel that your photographs were meant to be sarcastic which is why I mentioned what I felt from your replies and others were pointless and tasteless, with adequate reflection I still feel that it is justified to keep a respectful tone within the discussion and I hope that with some thought you might realise that as well.

I myself do not like’ conspiracy theories’ I find them a tedious and pointless diversion which is why I wish to see evidence of this ‘Giant of 21st century demonic media figures’ death and demise, I fail to see why this is so aggravating to you and others?
I am happy that his life has expired but a trial is the best way to deal with a criminal, I accept that as a European this might show how old fashioned I am, expecting the full weight of the law to be exercised. Maybe this is just an example of how European thinking differs from our brothers and sisters in the United States of America, and it is feasible that we are old fashioned expecting justice to be seen as well as done.

That said, I wish you well and I will give thought to the question you asked and I hope this clears up any misunderstandings you think we might have had.

Have a lovely evening

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The elections, about if the 'alternative voting system' will take over from our countries existing one, are being counted as I write. I wont see them in their raw form (the results), but instead hear from the councils via the media, about what areas have voted for or against in the reform. Am I to see photographic evidence of the ballot papers - and all the sums; so I can add them up myself and then pass on to my neighbour to do the same and then pass on to their neighbour etc etc? Of course not!, :) I trust (for my sins) that the likely hood is the votes have been counted correctly.

My point and I believe the one RRRP was/is making, is that there are so many pieces of information we are not privy to, yet accept, if you start down this road (Osama) when the hell do you stop?

OCCAM'S RAZOR (thank you Wilkapedia, you are mocked but have some great explanations on things like this)

"often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae, translating to law of parsimony, law of economy or law of succinctness, is a principle that generally recommends selecting the competing hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions, when the hypotheses are equal in other respects.[2] For instance, they must both sufficiently explain available data in the first place"

AKA, if you are confronted with two versions of events. One that relies on a more simple set of circumstances and one that 'goes around the houses' and is exremely complex, it is the simpler one that is to be accepted, until there is compelling evidence for the later!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Well said matt, two views shown from people with differing ideas of what is the right outcome but yours was displayed and debated with tollerance and respect, I like that. :D
I still fail to see why it is so hard to give evidence? it was possible during the arrest trial and demise of Saddam Hussein. My own view is that you are accepting that it is impossible to provide evidence when the whole principle is simple if the persons able to do so are willing.
I hope that this is not a sign that our mutual judicial systems are one day to abandon the need for trials? if so I will have to live elsewhere because I know I will not be safe here.

Here on in we realise little common ground exists on this subject.

I voted no by the way, against my own parties wishes. :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Trigger wrote:Why is it that when some people are faced with a topic and they dislike people’s opinions they decide to resort to sarcasm, silly photographs or rolling eye smiley’s? Words will do and sensible questions should be asked of those whose opinions differ from yours!
What fascinates me is how when a subject carries so much heat some will resort to the lowest common denominator? Embrace differing views, I know I do, that way it helps give foundations to personal beliefs and aids the ability to stimulate independent thinking.

This subject has been one of the most intriguing from a psychological position, but please refrain from silliness when commenting and maintain respect for others, treat those who see things/decisions differently to you with grace and respect, treat them as you would wish to be treated it really is easier than resorting to childish flippancies and assists debate.
+1
Very silly response indeed......

Back to topic:

Has BL been killed?
My honest answer: I don't know...... Maybe he is, maybe he is not, maybe he was already dead for years? He hasn't been seen for years really.
(yes the US government says so, but show no evidence..... and they don't even try....)

I assume nothing, and I don't bother the world with a strange story like this, but one thing I can say is this:
Zero evidence has been shown that BL has been killed indeed.

Fact remains. (if people like it or not...)
Do yo have to see obl's dead body in person to beleive he s dead?
With this standard of proof you might as well dismiss every non fictional thing youve read in your life.Ronald Reagan isnt dead nor is MAO or Winston churchill.

The 'moving of the goal posts' is what conspiracists always play when shown evidence that kills their argument.For instance,when Trump was shown obamas 2nd BC he started yapping about photoshop and then questioning obamas education and how it should have been impossible for him to be accepted into harvard law school.

Somebody said we should accept differing opinions.Not so much when the evidence suggests the opinion is wrong.Are we so suppose to give equal time to people who discount the holocaust?I hope not.
Remember you are entitled to your opinions but not your own manufactured facts-ex:claiming hitler isnt dead.This is what i find so ridiculous with religion.It is replete with superstition and myth and then extolled as truth-stigmata,walking on wter,2 way conversations with god,72 virgins etc.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

:)
Attachments
OBL Facebook.jpg
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

LOL!!!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

oth, conspiracies !I don't like them and see them as a distraction, apart from that I have said what I have to say. Photo's are enough?

I like the FB thing :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Ian for you and anyone who likes Osamu songs :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyWMaBINx2Y
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I love Frank Skinner.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

ALALALALALALALAALALALALALALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how bout who cares?the boogie mans gone theres someone else to carry on....they killed escobar did it stop the drug war??end of story....
Lara Coimbra

Post by Lara Coimbra »

I'm glad they finally got rid of Bin Laden, but there's no reason for party. I turned on the tv and the whole USA was in a huge comemoration. This just don't feel right. Instead of be happy, everybody should be ready. Al Qaeda wants revenge... and I hate endless wars. :|
Well, Randy's up to bat, gonna hit me a home run...
Sorry 'bout that, outside, ball one...
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

yep they are going to be plotting to no end using a fake martyr for the reason lara..
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Lara Coimbra wrote:there's no reason for party. I turned on the tv and the whole USA was in a huge comemoration.
I hate to break this to you, but outside of the Ground Zero area (in NY) and DC - there weren't streets full of people partying over the news of UBL's demise. You're pretty young, so this whole media portrayal of what's actually going on in the USA is simply being seen by you as fact - when it's anything but.

The majority of the USA are far more low-key than that.

Glad he's dead? Hell yes.

Partying in the streets? No.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

I live in Los angeles and there were no celebrations here.I didnt here any honking cars or nothing.Its amazing how un-party like its been.I think everybody is tired of the 10yrs of war and bs.That or apathy.Youd expect this to be 4th of july party but its been more of a dentist visit.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

BLASTING BINLADENS HEAD OFF SAVED ALOT OF MONEY!!!I FOR ONE AM CELEBRATING RIGHT NOW THAT A FANATIC WAS KILLED AND TOSSED INTO THE OCEAN!!!FUCK BIN LADEN AND HIS ENTIRE WARPED BELIEFS!!!!and rrp i think there was a lot more celebrating than what you said...