Intentional Negative Hype

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I have car payments to be anxious about...not a Randy Rhoads documentary. Nevertheless, I hope the film is a success and Randy gets more adequate attention.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I can't FUCKIN' Wait!!! I am SO anxious for this doc to come out. Along with another Doc I really want to see, "The Shark Is Still Working" The ultimate Documentary on the making, impact, phenom of the movie JAWS. I am a total fanatic for Randy and JAWS.

Rock On Mother Fuckers!!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

demon wrote:im not stressing out. im just seeing a movie when it comes out. nothing wrong about being a little anxious about it.
Hey Demon, I can relate... I used to look forward to the release of a new movie and go see it on opening day. I loved that! I'm older now and haven't gone to see a movie in years. I see some of them on DVD a year after they come out, but the importance of seeing this stuff 'right away' is gone.

That's where I'm at with this documentary. After 25 years of reading about Randy, I am fairly knowledgeable. After meeting people who knew him and talking about their memories, I've learned a lot about the person. I've got DVDs of Quiet Riot live, Randy in the studio and goofing around with his QR band mates - in other words I've seen him in action.

This documentary may shed light on knew info I've never heard, and it'd be cool to see the ET footage (although the focus of that was on Ozzy, not Randy), but, for me, the days of being anxious abut it are over. Like I mentioned before, I'll wait for a torrent and download it for free, I'm like Nic, I don't really want to support the film maker at this point.

As for the 'pro-shot Blizzard show', I don't believe it exists, nor will a live DVD be released. I believe it to be hype.

Having said all this, I have all the respect in the world for anyone excited about this film. As I said, I remember being like that in my youth.

Oh, and about your question of Alex, I think he posts here because he has become friends with some of us over the years and it is a way to keep in contact.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

You know what I think,

Not that any of you care, but, I think we should all just chill and relish in the fact that Randall William Rhoads is going to be the subject of a feature documentary. I really like all of you guys and do not want to stir any shit,but, you guys need to reach back when you were 14, 15, 16 or 17 and remember the feeling of discovering new Randy info. Mature views are bullshit. I prefer to leave the mature, responsible headaches to real life,daily stuff, not my pasttimes and passions beyond the daily grind. I know it is taking a long time to get this doc out, and I do hope Delores gets to see it. I just want everyone to be happy that our hero Randy is having a movie made about him. Just remember it is only Rock & Roll. Take care and may the good lord bless your asses!! ;-)

Keep kickin' ass people,
Zakk Daniels
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!