Inauguration 2009

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Know what? If you don't like the idea of him being President....

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Take it as you wish
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Sarab wrote:Know what? If you don't like the idea of him being President....

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Take it as you wish
Ah yes the classic liberal view. Welcome to America you have all the freedom you want. Just as long as you do what I say. Is this the new Obama America where you can bash Bush and any other Republican until you're blue in the face? But, how dare you criticize the Black Jesus!

Piss off. (take that however you wish) This is America it is my obligation to have an opinion. So if you don't like it you get the hell out.

P.S. nice little nursery rhyme there. :roll:
"...But these go to 11..."
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Not very polite to tell a Moderator of the board to piss off just cause she doesn't agree with you.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hey Logan, let me speak to you in terms you can understand...

Who the fuck are you to talk shit about the President of the United States? What have you ever done? At the very least, Obama has put himself in the public eye and made an attempt to change things. He could have just stayed home and talked trash on a Randy Rhoads website, but he chose to work his way up in politics. You don't have to love the guy to respect him for doing something with his life. Even if he is a shifty, good-for-nothing piece of crap, at least he is doing something to change his world. What have you done?

It's funny how often Obama's detractors have to resort to swearing to get their point across. If you dislike him and want to detract, feel free to use grown up words and present a case. Otherwise, go play with the Duke and be gone.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Last edited by Ritchie on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I wish him all the best and on a positive note he deserves the time to settle into the job. He has an 80% approval rating which he can either live up to or squander in a short period of time. I thought the inauguration was humble and human.

Lets give him a chance, one thing that is healthy among the exchanges here (even though somewhat abrasive) is that within democracy you can voice approval as well as descent. The news following Monday from Republican voters from the south was that many hoped he did a good job and wished him well.

good luck this was a day when history was set in motion.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Who the fuck are you to talk shit about the President of the United States? What have you ever done?
He's gained about 500 pounds ???? :P
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Trigger wrote:I wish him all the best and on a positive note he deserves the time to settle into the job. He has an 80% approval rating which he can either live up to or squander in a short period of time. I thought the inauguration was humble and human.

Lets give him a chance, one thing that is healthy among the exchanges here (even though somewhat abrasive) is that within democracy you can voice approval as well as descent. The news following Monday from Republican voters from the south was that many hoped he did a good job and wished him well.

good luck this was a day when history was set in motion.
Sorry the inaugaratin was anything but humble considering it cost four times as much as any other.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Ritchie wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Who the fuck are you to talk shit about the President of the United States? What have you ever done?
He's gained about 500 pounds ???? :P
HAHA welcome to 5th grade. Yeah you're right Ritchie I'm a big guy buy I've lost 52 pounds so far so get over yourself. Listen to you guys rabid because I have a different opinion than you about the president. Jesus Christ Gone are the days of acknowledging the right of others to disagree.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Hey Logan, let me speak to you in terms you can understand...

Who the fuck are you to talk shit about the President of the United States? What have you ever done? At the very least, Obama has put himself in the public eye and made an attempt to change things. He could have just stayed home and talked trash on a Randy Rhoads website, but he chose to work his way up in politics. You don't have to love the guy to respect him for doing something with his life. Even if he is a shifty, good-for-nothing piece of crap, at least he is doing something to change his world. What have you done?

It's funny how often Obama's detractors have to resort to swearing to get their point across. If you dislike him and want to detract, feel free to use grown up words and present a case. Otherwise, go play with the Duke and be gone.
Great Paul let's do that let's speak in those easy to understand terms.
I am a Fucking American Citizen Asshole. That's who the fuck I am. As such I am granted freedom of speech under the American Constitution. So I have every right on God's green earth to have this opinion and express it accordingly.

You people are pissed because I'm not bowing down at the altar of the new messiah. Jesus Christ get over yourselves.

I said I would like to be proven wrong. You would have noticed that if you would have read my first post. I stated my opinion in what I thought was a way that expressed my anger but civilly.

If he does a great job I will be the first to say I was wrong and apologize. However given his lack of experience and any type of track record in this field I am skeptical. Plus all we have ever heard from him are vague comments about "Change" and "Hope".

Look after 8 years of the douche known as Bush I am one of the first in line wanting change. Obama however has not given a concrete plan. Just some general ideas that if put into motion would further bankrupt the country.

And Paul it's great that you don't even know me and automatically assume I live with mom and post on Randy Rhodes website all day. Remember you have a lot more posts than me :roll:
And actually I have done quite a bit with my life that I am extremely proud of (like touring, and having music published, winning competitions for my music, performing guitar concertos with orchestras, teaching master classes and studying with some of the best guitarists in the world) not everyone wants to be a politician Paul, only those that feel the need to control other people.

It's like my father always told me "those that Want to be in control, Shouldn't be in control"

So sorry if I've insulted your new Jesus Paul but under the constitution we still have I have every right to, so get over yourself.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

NicDots wrote:Not very polite to tell a Moderator of the board to piss off just cause she doesn't agree with you.
First off I don't care who she is. Second of al she was the one who told me to get out of the country just because I had a differing opinion. She took the high road?
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, you definitely didn't take it, that's for sure.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Logan wrote:
NicDots wrote:Not very polite to tell a Moderator of the board to piss off just cause she doesn't agree with you.
First off I don't care who she is. Second of al she was the one who told me to get out of the country just because I had a differing opinion. She took the high road?
No, this is why I said it...
Logan wrote: HAHA you people are Fuckin no brain cunts. Please Piss off!
I am so sick and tired of these"debates" when you've got to go and mouth off with comments such as this.
You wanna express your opinion? Use some common sense. Don't get crude with your response. You don't like him? You aren't the first person, and you certainly won't be the last. He was not my choice, but guess what? Majority ruled. He won. I have to live with that fact for 4 years. Doesn't mean that I'm gonna poor mouth him for 1459 days (give or take a day or two).
He made history being the first African-American President. That's big news, making history. It may not be to you, but to some of us it is. He's got a lot to live up to, and I hope that he does it. He's said that the change won't happen suddenly, it is going to take time. I wish it would happen very quickly, but I live in the real world, and I don't have a job right now, and could use one. One of the reasons is because of the economy, and the other reason is because of Mother Nature. Unfortunately, I worked for an independant company, and the economy is not for "mom-and-pop" companies; it is for the corporate companies.
As I said, you have your opinion to dis-like or even hate President Obama, but he is going to be the leader for the next 4 years and possibly the next 4 after that. The only thing that can change it is if he dies. Then what? Joe Biden will be the President.
Give him a chance.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Logan wrote:So sorry if I've insulted your new Jesus Paul but under the constitution we still have I have every right to, so get over yourself.
Okay little boy, see how you are? I don't even need to bad mouth you because you make yourself look like an ass all on your own.

You can't back up anything with rational debate so you talk smack, just like a child. Now you bring religion into it just to piss me off.

As for your argument, so what if he doesn't have a long track record. What is the single most problem with the politicians in the United States? They are out for themselves. They stay in office as long as they can to rake in money and have power (ego) trips. So maybe a newbie is exactly what is needed.

Yes, Logan, you did say you hope you are wrong, but you also attacked the man because of his name and who he has associated with years ago. As an American, I hope you believe in the 'innocent until proven guilty' concept. Obama has been our leader since Tuesday and you've already crucified him before he has a chance to do anything.

By the way, you are right, I don't know you. I never said you live with mom and do nothing but post online, you said that. You want to know why I have more posts than you? Because I've been here since day one AND I spent 3 years incapacitated to the point where I couldn't physically do much more than post online. Now that I am capable of getting out and spending time in the real world, you'll notice that my posts are fewer. You want some respect? Tell me how old you are, how many children you've raised and what you do for your community.

Being an American gives you the right to freedom of speech, Logan, true. Being a human being gives you the responsibility to be a decent person. If you are going to use words like 'cunt', you fore go the right to be treated with respect.

You accuse me of not reading your initial post, but I did. You said Obama is a con man and the 'whole thing was a joke from the beginning". Then you started in on racist comments based on his name. You proved, with your opening salvo, that you cannot hold a mature conversation because you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Now, as for 'doing something' with your life, what have you done to make the world a better place? You have 'toured' and 'had music published' and 'won awards' for your music... so what? That is all about you, dude. Being president is supposed to be about others. Give the man a chance and wait for him to make a mistake before condemning him.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

NicDots wrote:Well, you definitely didn't take it, that's for sure.
Ner claimed to