The Decline of Western Civilization

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

The Decline of Western Civilization

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It isn't Metal and it isn't Rap... the real decline of Western Civilization is eBay!

Today, the Playstation 3 went on sale and within minutes they were on eBay for $3000 to $10,000 ! !! WHY would anyone pay THAT much for a video game system? For that matter, why would anyone pay that much for a guitar or anything non-essential?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

it's ridiculous really ... although I kinda get that people
want to have it on it's release day.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

isn't capitalism great? gotta love it.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Gotta Have It

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

If you are the "first" to have it then that means something to some people. If you believe in the craftsmanship of a guitar then a couple grand doesn't sound all that outrageous. Why would someone spend $10,000 to sleep 8 hours in a fancy hotel in Las Vegas? Maybe it's to "feel" like a big shot. For those that have a lot of money spending is just as easy as breathing. For many others (like myself) every penny needs to be spent wisely...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

I regret not pre ordering 1 from each gaming store here just to sell on Ebay :lol:
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Only in America:

In Kentucky, three people waiting outsite a game shop for a PS3 were shot... :roll:
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Supernaut wrote:Only in America:

In Kentucky, three people waiting outsite a game shop for a PS3 were shot... :roll:
See, that's exactly my point... people are going insane over something as simple as a game.

As for the guitar comparison, I understadn a desire for quality craftsmanship, but the prices don't reflect that, they reflect the name on the guitar. That's why there are all those "signature series" guitars these days, they add to the price, not the value.