Mister Big???

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Mister Big???

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I watched a DVD yesterday called Mr. Big Live in San Francisco and had an interesting thought. Yes it is interesting, so shut up! :wink:

I think that if Randy had lived, he would have gone back to get his degree and had a part-time band similar to Mr. Big. His Quiet Riot stuff was a lot poppier than his Ozzy stuff and I think he would have naturally drifted backtowards the poppier stuff on his own. Of course he would have added killer guitar (like Paul Gilbert does), but I think Randy was about the song more than having his guitar featured.

Just a thought, and we'll never know, but I think it'd have been along that vein...
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Hellooo! Killer bass! Billy Sheehan! :D

Billy rocks :lol:
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

so you're saying that Paul Gilbert doesn't care about the song ?
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Huh? Me?
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Billy and Paul are awesome! Paul is such a cool guitarist, he has a great attitude unlike many other players. I saw Billy the other month, it was amazing, he was with Tony Macalpine. I don't really like shred but it still blew me away, he's a very talented musician. I recon Randy would have been more into just playing in a band rather than being in a flashy band, where he isn't the main person.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Supernaut wrote:Huh? Me?
No, not you. Rocky.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:so you're saying that Paul Gilbert doesn't care about the song ?
Not sure how you got to that conclusion?

I meant Randy was more about writing songs rather than guitar solos to show off. A lot of people think of Randy as a shred king and I've heard a lot of people say he'd give Satriani and Vai a serious run for their money.

So what I meant was, in my opinion, Randy would form a band that was about the songs and he'd play more pop-metal than "heavy" metal.

I was equating him to Paul Gilbert because I feel Paul could easily compete with Vai and Satriani, but he prefers playing songs rather than extended solos disguised as "instumentals".

I've heard that Randy liked Styx and would have liked to incorporate more keyboards into the music. I also saw some questionaires at Kelly Garni's that Kelly and Randy filled out in their Quiet Riot days - Randy listed his favorite band as the Beatles and Kelly listed his as Cheap Trick. To me that says a lot about their pop sensibilities.

Supernaut: you are right, Billy is AWESOME! I saw him with David Lee Roth going toe-to-toe with Steve Vai and he was amazing. I also saw Mr. Big open for Rush - Billy was in top form because the headliners featured the Master: Geddy Lee. That added a whole new meaning to the song Addicted to that RUSH :wink: