Michael Schenker

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Michael Schenker

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The new interactive guitar mag is available here and it's FREE!

It features articles on Schenker and Chickenfoot and has loads of guitar lesson info inside.
Attachments
iguitar msg.JPG
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Michael Schenker

Post by Trigger »

I never really got into MSG, all my friends did but he never really did it for me. Did I miss out on much?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Ian, Yes and no. I loved the combination of Schenker and McAuley on their first two albums. The problem is Michael doesn't like doing the same songs with only one singer. He was always skiddish of getting too big anyway. Success always seemed to make him freak out just as his "newest" band was gaining momentum in the public eye. Alcohol makes you do stupid things as thay say...

McAuley and Schenker are coming here to San Antonio Friday. It's a must see for me. I met McAuley in Amsterdam at the airport. Very personable and cool by the way. Back in the day I drew up an idea for a music video of a song that was not being played on the radio and gave it to the local DJ. At the concert that evening McAuley said thanks to me over the microphone and they played the song "No Time For Losers" at the concert; just for San Antonio. Now that is pretty damn cool in my book. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjE6Kfo-ZQ
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've always loved Schenker's playing, but I have trouble listening to some of his records as they are usually over-produced and sterile (think Def Leppard)... live he is amazing and he was a phenom in the UFO days.

Ian, listen to this UFO or this early MSG live.

This stuff got me into Schenker, but after the MSG album, there were too many keyboards and 'poppiness' for my taste on his records.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Can't disagree there Paul. It's always better if the keyboards are there for color and not to hold the song together. On and On is great. It has a good balance of both. So does Love To Love which has piano (keyboard) and guitar. It's all about how you use it I suppose.

Schenker was amazing tonight. McAuley was terrific. It was a small club but everyone screamed their asses off. I saw fans in their 50's headbanging. Made me smile. Michael had a terrific time. Shook everyone's hand on the front row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbk_QJvzjgg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I love Schenker's playing:)

keyboards can be utilized to complement the songs but that's like Pink Floyd, or perhaps Styx- but imo, it has to done right or it plain distracts from the music, like wth is that noise there for, really? I'll probably get flak for this, but Jump by VH has always, always bugged the ish out of me, I just couldn't enjoy the presance of that redundant noise that competed with the song. But Richard Wright of PF (RIP) was able to formulate synthesizers that not only complemented the music, he held it together many times, I think the key is to not overdo the same sound, even if it's something that's worked before.

it gets old, and quick- so yeah MSG isn't the same to me as UFO, either.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The new interactive guitar mag is available here and it's FREE!

It features articles on Schenker and Chickenfoot and has loads of guitar lesson info inside.
How could I miss this????
Thnx Paul! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

He was just on That Metal show. Great player.