My username revealed. What does yours mean???

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

My username revealed. What does yours mean???

Post by Trigger »

<-------------- (Mine) Enlarged;

It suddenly occurred to me that some people might think that my site name, Trigger, is all about guns! :shock: It has nothing to do with guns, it's actually the nickname that Willie Nelson gave his trusty acoustic guitar. I have now added it as my avatar so you can see it. Willie has had this acoustic for about 30 years and he said that when it finally falls apart then he will retire. It already has a huge hole big enough to get your hand in where his plectrum rests between big fat strums and is covered in autographs of all the music legends that he has worked with.

I read that he asked Johnny Cash for an autograph about 20 years ago, Johhny asked for a piece of paper and Willie said "sign the guitar", Johhny objected as it would scratch the guitar and Willie said "Just dig the pen in real hard", the rest is now history. Yes I would love to own Randy's PDV but if I am honest I would like to own 'Trigger' even more. Willie has been a favorite of mine for many years and for many reasons one of which being his support and love of the under dog.

What does your on-site name mean?

T (now you know)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Mine is based on a nickname Randy had with some friends who called him Rocky (See the message written in the liner notes of Quiet Riot: The Randy Rhoads Years CD.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

"Xanadu" is a tune from a RUSH album, "Farewell To Kings" released in 1977. A favorite of mine.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Xanadu wrote:"Xanadu" is a tune from a RUSH album, "Farewell To Kings" released in 1977. A favorite of mine.
I had imagined that you were named after the song Xanadu by ELO. I am glad your version is by a better band than ELO. :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

mine is from a videogame 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Xanadu wrote:"Xanadu" is a tune from a RUSH album, "Farewell To Kings" released in 1977. A favorite of mine.
Xanadu is one of my favorite Rush tunes! :D , I refer to the awesome version of that song on the live album "Exit stage left". Magic! 8)

Well I'm from Holland and I like flying a lot, I was/am always interested in airplanes, rockets, spacecrafts etc.
The first airline connection (by KLM) between Europe and New York in 1946 was done by a Dutch Douglas DC-4 called "The Flying Dutchman", a famous airplane! Oh and David Coverdale used to nickname Adrian Vandenberg as "The Flying Dutchman" as well. I think my username is missing the "The", still have to fix that! :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Dutch.....I figured that you being from Holland had something to do with it! :P Also, I seem to remember a famous pirate ship of the same name! :wink:

Trigger.....Oh most definately RUSH! I was never a big fan of ELO though I do respect Jeff Lynne as a producer and for the work he did with the Beatles "Anthology" project. He did a masterful job on their behalf.....especially the bare bones Lennon demos he brought to life with the help of Paul, George and Ringo. A very talented guy.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Xanadu wrote:Dutch.....I figured that you being from Holland had something to do with it! :P
You are a smart guy! :P :wink: :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Xanadu wrote:Dutch.....I figured that you being from Holland had something to do with it! :P Also, I seem to remember a famous pirate ship of the same name! :wink:

Trigger.....Oh most definately RUSH! I was never a big fan of ELO though I do respect Jeff Lynne as a producer and for the work he did with the Beatles "Anthology" project. He did a masterful job on their behalf.....especially the bare bones Lennon demos he brought to life with the help of Paul, George and Ringo. A very talented guy.
You are the only person I have ever heard who said they liked 'Free As A Bird' and the other track Jeff worked on with the then 3 surviving Beatles. I have to confess I loved them and thought they were true classics which had briliant videos as well.

T
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Trigger wrote:
Xanadu wrote:Dutch.....I figured that you being from Holland had something to do with it! :P Also, I seem to remember a famous pirate ship of the same name! :wink:

You are the only person I have ever heard who said they liked 'Free As A Bird' and the other track Jeff worked on with the then 3 surviving Beatles. I have to confess I loved them and thought they were true classics which had briliant videos as well.

T
I too like those 'new' Beatles tracks and am a HUGE Beatles fan...have been since I was first aware of them in the mid 60's as a little kid. :)

I also think Jeff Lynne is Brilliant....always have. :)

My username is simply my name..minus a few letters on the end.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

Mine is a tribute to Classic Van Halen. Atomicpunk is a pretty deep cut off VH I. 5151 is to piss of the Hagar fans.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:Mine is based on a nickname Randy had with some friends who called him Rocky (See the message written in the liner notes of Quiet Riot: The Randy Rhoads Years CD.
How come they called him it? I can't get my hands on that album from local shops so it may be a while till I find out that way.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Mine comes from an amazing poem by Robert Frost called "The Road Less Traveled." I spelled it "rhoad" as my own tribute to Randy.

The Road Less Traveled: By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ell wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:Mine is based on a nickname Randy had with some friends who called him Rocky (See the message written in the liner notes of Quiet Riot: The Randy Rhoads Years CD.
How come they called him it? I can't get my hands on that album from local shops so it may be a while till I find out that way.
Rocky Road is a popular kind of chocolate ice cream...
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Ell wrote:
Rocky Road is a popular kind of chocolate ice cream...
Ah thanks :lol: , never heard of it, probably an american thing or I just don't eat enough ice cream.