skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

id of skipped what i had to do and got those tickets :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I actually won tickets to see Anthrax open for Raven... that was during the fistful of metal days...
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

skezza wrote:id of skipped what i had to do and got those tickets :D
I definately would as well but I am very very very stupid and didn't know where Astoria was. Also my friend went to London that exact same day but didn't know where it was either. We are utter idiots.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:I actually won tickets to see Anthrax open for Raven... that was during the fistful of metal days...
Awesome, that album has one hell of a front cover! Some of the songs sound really good on that album dispite it sounding not very much like Anthrax (in my opinion).
rockinrye

Post by rockinrye »

Both the memorable I have seen involved Kiss .

First it was Slaughter / Faster Pussy Cat / Kiss / Whitesnake at the C.N.E Stadium in Toronto .

Yes Kiss opened FOR Whitesnake . It was just as Kiss' cd Revenge took off No smoke no pyro no nuthing . Just one hour of Kiss kickin ass .

I had too buy a scalper ticket for this show and sat /stood too far away (16th row ) But I rememeber Gene Having a problem with his monitor and yelling too his tech " fix it or you are fired "

The 2nd most memorable was when my my high school sweety , had a buddy that worked at Q107 in Toronto .

Kiss was on the club tour promotin Revenge . I was lucky enough to get too the front of the gig and watch them rip through a 2 1/2 hour set . No opening band , and again no effects . Just Kiss kickin ass!
" And then god created the world, and said " this is good" .Then he created man and said" I fucked up"
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Ell wrote:
skezza wrote:Anthrax are meant to be fantastic live, obviously Rocky you just backed that up ;)
Grrrrrrrrrrr, me and a friend won tickets to see them with Belladonna (we aren't big fans of John Bush but are big fans of Belladonna so this was a really really cool opportunity for us) FOR FREE. The competition was pretty easy, first person to phone up wins free tickets. However, we had to collect the tickets from London Astoria that same day or they would go to the second person who called. But we were both very busy and so we never got the tickets :( . I'm hopefully gonna see them with Belladonna someday though. SOMEDAYYYYYYYYY *raises fist to the clouds*
Sounds like you got "caught in a mosh". 8)
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Deep Purple - Ahoy, Rotterdam 1987

The Perfect strangers tour. Complete with lasershow, great band sound and very good performance and the original line-up with Blackmore. 8) Also the stage act of John Lord was very impressive.
One little minor though, Blackmore refused to play a bonus song at the end..... And during the concert he occassionaly dissapeared in a little (toilet alike) building at the left of the stage. :lol:

Remember very well how they did Beethoven's ninth, with that long 'Stargazer' alike solo as an intro lead. Despite some minors it was a great concert really!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

The Randy Rhoads Benefit Show March of 1992. Knuckleheads in the crowd were invited on stage and destroyed a load of the bands gear. Nice job morons :roll: Ruined a great evening. Ozzy with his arm around Delores singing Goodbye To Romance, while the big screens displayed photos of Randy was really cool, and Zakk taking a quick shot at Dee was also nice.
workingman

Post by workingman »

I just posted a LONG description over in the "Brad Gillis" Section of my most memorable live gig I was at - Seeing Ozzy live with Brad Gillis on guitar during the Diary tour from the front row in Montreal. 8)
rickhawk80

Post by rickhawk80 »

Virtually every KISS show I've attended (except the Crazy Nights tour ... rather lame :roll: ).

Seeing Joe Satriani in a bar in New Orleans before he hit it big.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

rickhawk80 wrote:Virtually every KISS show I've attended (except the Crazy Nights tour ... rather lame :roll: ).

Seeing Joe Satriani in a bar in New Orleans before he hit it big.
:shock: But Crazy Nights rules!! My band are covering it at a gig because we are trying to make the cheesiest set possible :lol:
Wild Child

Post by Wild Child »

For me it`s Metallica concert- over 50 000 people and great set with Dyer`s eve...
If you try to manufacture what a perfect rock star should be- Randy Rhoads..
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

1. Motley Crue 1983 Santa Monica Civic w/ Saxon.
2. Satriani Wiltern Theater Hollywood '88 Surfing Tour.
3. Queensryche 1985 Warning w/ KISS
4. Maiden Long Beach 1985 3/4 nights.

ALL awesome, Motley & Maiden stages awesome !!
Randy Rhoads Rules.
Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

Gosh... I have seen a lot of shows... but the most memorable one would have to be TSO in 2003.

I was going through a divorce at the time. I was living in a town that the only people I knew were at work. I had met someone online, and things were going good. I bought two tickets to TSO. Shortly after I bought them, I got dumped.
I couldn't find anyone that wanted the other ticket. I almost decided to not go at all, but figure I have to make an effort to get out and not depend on other people. I went to the show by myself. The chair next to me sat my Dr. Pepper.
Seeing that show made everything going on in my life not seem so bad. It brought me to a new peace.

The next year, I went with my family (my new wife, and my 2 daughters, whom I got custody of).

In 2005, TSO didn't come to Wichita, so we all drove to Kansas City. Every time it is magical!!
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Most memorable? I have one that is forever burned in my memory...not because it was the best time I ever had (it was an excellent show, BTW), but because it was an ordeal that I cant forget...Here's the story.

Every bit of this tale is true.....

Back in '83 a few friends and I decided to go see The Police at SD State University's Aztec Bowl. The Aztec Bowl is a great little stadium to see a Rock show. It was the height of summer and hot as hell. We figured we'd take our girls and make a whole day of it. We planned to rent a Club Van that sat 9 people and spend the morning and afternoon before the show at Mission Bay in San Diego, sunbathing and swimming.....if you've never been, Mission Bay is a beautiful park right on the yacht harbor in S.D. The day of the show arrived.....We brought food to grill, a keg of heineken beer, some magic mushrooms, weed, nose candy, the whole 9 yards 'cuz we knew this was gonna be the last time the Police toured. The day started out great....Everyone was in a good mood and ready to have a great time! The scene was straight out of a Heineken ad..Good friends, good food, good beer, good.....Ahem! You get the picture.

Anyway, after spending the better part of the day eating, drinking laughing and getting waaaay high, we decided to head off for the show. We packed up and drove off... eventually finding a parking spot about a 1/2 mile from the venue in a remote parking lot on the univ. campus. My buddy Willy was driving and was the one who was holding the 'shrooms. As we were walking across the campus to the venue, he asked who wanted some mushrooms...everyone declined except for me and my girlfriend (bad decision!). He then proceeded to divide up the whole bag 3 ways... and we began choking them down ( those things taste nasty...kids, don't try this.). Everything seemed cool until we got about 100 yards from the gate....... At that point we all started to 'fry'. We each ate so many 'shrooms that my girlfriend couldn't handle it. She started to get really anxious and paranoid. I was at this point, really starting to fry and was very concerned she was going to get us arrested as there was lots of cops loitering around the entrance to the venue..Just then, Willy, in his psychedelic haze, wandered off into the crowd! We lost sight of him almost immediately.... his girlfriend was livid!!! She took off to look for him. leaving me alone, frying my ass off, to take care of my girlfriend, who was now crying uncontrollably. The combination of beer, pot, coke, 'shrooms, the summer heat and the opening act (Oingo Boingo) were just too much for her to handle. She was having a "classic bad trip". All the while I'm trying to keep her calm and keep us from getting arrested by trying to blend into the crowd as best as I can....Fortunately, she eventually settled down about 1/2 way thru the Police's set, and we pretty much enjoyed the rest of the show. I remember Stevie Nicks (of Fleetwood Mac fame) came out and sang a couple of songs with Sting. If you ask me today which ones...I wouldn't be able to give you an answer. LOL!!

Here's where the fun begins!

After the show, my girl and I got lost as we tried to find the van. It took nearly an hour of walking the university to finally find it...when we did, we noticed that everyone was standing around outside the van. Only when we walked up, tired and thirsty did we find out that Willy, who hadn't shown up yet, had the Van's Keys in his pocket!!! No one had seen him during the entire show!! So we sat in the parking lot tired, hungry and angry, and waited as car after car left the parking lot...we waited and waited...still no Willy. After nearly 4 hours of waiting, I got the go-ahead from the others to go out looking for him. I set out walking, and after some time (hours maybe, I don't really know) I saw a cop and decided to flag him down to see if he could assist me in finding my friend. As I waved to the cop, motioning him to stop, I noticed a guy in the back of the car...it was Willy! Willy, having gotten sooo high that day, had not taken note of where he had parked the van. He had wandered the entire university campus after the show searching every parking lot he came upon looking for us and the van. After being lost for hours he finally approached a cop on the other side of the univ. campus and asked him to help find the rest of us and the van. My friend was so happy to see me..I could hear him inside the cop car yelling to the cop: "There's my friend, there's my friend!" The cop was cool enough to drive us both back to the van. When we finally made it back to the van EVERYONE was fkn pissed off, But glad to have him back so we could get something to drink. Like I said before... it was the height of summer and most of us hadn't had anything to drink in many hours. My girlfriend was especially thirsty having had the bad trip and was dehydrated from the sun and crying so much....anyway, once we gained access to the van, we all were horrified to find out that there was nothing left to drink but a 1/2 empty keg of HOT heineken beer! OMG, Drinking hot beer when your that thirsty is awful.....man, that sucked! Anyway, We all made it back home early the next morning (5:00 am or something like that).....and all in one piece. I'll never forget that show! It had to be the worst time I've ever had at a rock show!

You can view my stub here:

http://www.jakeelee.com/html/index.php? ... =8722#8722

:D
Last edited by deansolo on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp