I got I am Ozzy recently

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

I got I am Ozzy recently

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

signed too! *squeals*

But anyways, I've been reading it, theres a good portion of the book dedicated to Carlisle and Workington to where I spend a lot of time going to, so in my opinion from what I read so far, it is really good, I love his sense of humour and attention to detail, reading this just makes me smile with all the things he's done and a real eye opener to what he had to deal with.

Simon
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You want to read 'How Black Was Our Sabbath', i know its on your things to do list LOL!. But Sabbath played in and around Cumbria on a regular basis during the early 70's Maryport, Whitehaven,Wigton, Carlisle, Barrow 'Barra'. As you know Ozzy's ex - P.A Dave Tangye is from your neck of the woods.The early days of 'Polka Tulk' they played an early gig if not the first at the Carlisle Market Hall. They returned to this venue on a regular tour, but fame put a stop to that..

JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

That is an awesome find I gotta show that to mum.

But yeah thanks Shaun its a shame fame gets in the way of going to Carlisle, I hope Ozzy does return.

Simon
Jake66

Ozzy in (West) Cumbria

Post by Jake66 »

I'm from Cleator Moor and Ozzy knew my cousin in the 1970's. He stayed at my auntie's house one night,had great big yellow boots on. I'd like to say i could remember it happening but even my cousins' memory of it now is very hazy!

Ozzy was once seen in a pub in Hensingham,Whitehaven in the early 1980's. Some lads from school (St.Benedicts) used to go down there at dinner-time to play pool!!!???!!! and one of them was into Ozzy/Sabbath and lived off that one for years!! :lol: