Are they 4 real?

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Are they 4 real?

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

Are my parents 4 real not letting me listen to Marilyn Manson along with my obsession with Ozzy Osbourne. I mean really they let me listen to Ozzy Osbourne but not Marilyn Manson? Do you agree with me or my parents? YA FEEL ME??????????????
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

they should let you listen to anything you want .(except rap, I mean cmon????)
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I know friends of mine when we were younger had problems being allowed to listen to Ozzy, we just let them read the lyrics, then they realised that the songs were inocent enough :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

yup

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

yea I agree NO RAP!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I listen is downright heavy and deathmetal. Which is really odd by the way. I believe in god but i listen to antichrist music. :shock: O yea frank, I just got your message but weve listened to marilyn manson before but lemme tell ya thats RARE. Ive only heard tainted love. I don't like the drugs(but the drugs like me), this is the new sh*t,and anti christ superstar. do you have any objections?
XXMisunderstoodXX
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

yup

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

yea I agree NO RAP!!!!!!!!!!! o yea frank i just got your message. what r ur objetions to marilyn manson?
XXMisunderstoodXX
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

yup

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

yea I agree NO RAP!!!!!!!!!!!
XXMisunderstoodXX
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I suppose if i view this in a parents mind i would look at the individual here Marilyn Manson isn't the average boy next door and he is no role model.For a young person to look at Marilyn and start dressing like him 'make up aswell' Plus we have the issue of what his music is about and i'd say that his cd's probably have the 'parental guidence' stickers on them.If your parents are both religious and church going i can see how they are approaching this.If you don't mind me asking how old are you ?
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

OK. I have to look at this from both sides of the fence. My mom and dad didn't like my sister listening to Led Zepp; too loud. Yeah, ok whatever.
Then they didn't like my music; Ozzy, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue; too satanic. Yeah, ok whatever. That's where the headphones came into play. (after getting grounding from my sister snitching) They couldn't hear it, and I could listen at 1:00 in the morning blaring loud, contributing to hearing loss. They decided to trust me enough and the music, to know that's what it was...MUSIC. Something that I enjoyed listening to. Just like my sister and I dreaded listening to the Lawrence Welk crap, it was their music, and they enjoyed it.
Moving on...
My daughter listens to a very wide variety of music, but no rap or country.
I just asked her, and she listens to alternative, rock, pop, r&b. The radio station she puts on sometimes has some crap on that I don't like, and I'll tell her to change it. Then I stop. The only time I tell her to change it, is if it has some vulgar tones in it, because of her and her 9 year old sister is in the car.
The good thing is, she mostly likes the music that I do. While I'm not a big fan of Marilyn Manson, I'd let her listen to it. Hell, at age 2 she was head banging to Pantera!
As long as you are upfront about the music and don't hide it from your parents, like telling them you won't listen to it, then do it behind their backs, I don't think there should be a problem. We don't know your parents, or what they are like, so we can not tell them what you should be able to listen to. That is their judgement. Ours are just opinions based on our own experiences.
Sorry for the long post. Kinda hit a soft spot.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I was a little taken aback by my parents being so ok with me listening to Ozzy and some other bands, so I asked them why.
"Dad, why are you so cool about me listening to Ozzy?"
"Darling, I'd much rather you listen to Ozzy than Britney Spears!"
:lol:
My Dad was before the Sabbath generation (he's an old man) so he wasn't really familiar with all that at all, but he's fine with it. He says he even appreciates heavy metal because they're so against the grain. :lol:
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

guitaridol

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

I got your message im eleven.
XXMisunderstoodXX
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

You should be able to listen to, read, watch, smoke, eat, hang out with, have sex with, etc., anything and anybody your little heart desires. And your parents should have nothing to say about it........

As long as you're an adult and live on your own.

Just my opinion.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

my parents never censored what i watched, listened to etc. And i turned out fine, dont do drugs, smoke, drink, never in trouble (well most of the time :wink: )

but it all depends on the kid i guess. I've always been very individual and a bit of a loner, so i never got led into trying drugs by peer presure etc.

theres nothing wrong with listening to manson as long as you're mature enought to understand the superficiality behind his image and stage show.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

deansolo wrote:You should be able to listen to, read, watch, smoke, eat, hang out with, have sex with, etc., anything and anybody your little heart desires. And your parents should have nothing to say about it........

Just my opinion.
Hey Dean, she's only 11 :wink:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Sarab wrote:
deansolo wrote:You should be able to listen to, read, watch, smoke, eat, hang out with, have sex with, etc., anything and anybody your little heart desires. And your parents should have nothing to say about it........

Just my opinion.
Hey Dean, she's only 11 :wink:
:shock: ELEVEN!!!!......Then HELL NO!!!

She should listen to her parents! NO MANSON! :|
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp