It's Seahawk time again!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

It's Seahawk time again!

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Very shortly it'll be time for FOOTBALL season to kick off. And by FOOTBALL I son't mean soccer :roll:

I am not as confident as last year about the Seahawks, but I think they stand an excellent chance of being NFC West champs again and making their way through the playoffs.

Anyone else got a favorite? Darin, who's gonna take over to lead the Falcons?

cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

It's all about the Chicago Bears in this house......and hoping for another shot at that Lombardi trophy. :wink:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

cableguyxx wrote:Hopefully with Vick out, the games/fans will be a little less 'gansta' and little more family friendly like the Braves games. Maybe I'll try and take in a game this year. It's odd though about pro football here. It's not that big. There was a big write up in one of the magazines here about a huge Eagles fan that relocated here from Philly, and was freaked out when he showed up at a bar for the season opener early, only to find the place empty. College football reins supreme in this area. Almost every house in my neighborhood flies a college flag for their alma mater. It's crazy around Bowl season.

Side note. I just found out that TBS will no longer be carrying Braves games. I finally get back into baseball, and now they shut me out :x Guess I'm gonna have to buy season tickets now :P
i dont think it'll be long till good ol Vick is out :) I think the things he has done are pretty scanedelous.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Re: It's Seahawk time again!

Post by ken01fan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Very shortly it'll be time for FOOTBALL season to kick off. And by FOOTBALL I son't mean soccer :roll:

I am not as confident as last year about the Seahawks, but I think they stand an excellent chance of being NFC West champs again and making their way through the playoffs.

Anyone else got a favorite? Darin, who's gonna take over to lead the Falcons?

Great choice for your photo # 37 Alexander, we miss him down here in Bama. But glad he is doing well in the NFL. ROLLTIDE!!!!!
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Kinda liking these guys here:

Hoping for a Black & Gold Super Bowl.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Game one down: Seahawks - 20 Tampa Bay - 6

The march down the road to the Super Bowl has begun!
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Yeah Paul, Mike was rubbing that in my face today.
October 14 will be interesting at my house.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sarab wrote:Yeah Paul, Mike was rubbing that in my face today.
I will consider your feelings before gloating over the Saints defeat at the hands of the 'hawks, I promise 8)
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sarab wrote:Yeah Paul, Mike was rubbing that in my face today.
I will consider your feelings before gloating over the Saints defeat at the hands of the 'hawks, I promise 8)
How gracious of you! I will do the same. :o
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I will consider your feelings before gloating over the Saints defeat at the hands of the 'hawks, I promise 8)
Okay, first of all, you're welcome. My 'hawks gave your Saints the push they needed to have a decent season...

Now... ROUND ONE DOWN; BRING ON THE PACKERS!!!!

For those of you who shamefully missed yesterday's game (or are unlucky enough not to live in the USA and watch the NFL), I'd like to present the following description of the game:

"In less than 2 1/2 fourth-quarter minutes, the Seattle Seahawks watched a 13-point lead turn into a one-point deficit. Nothing was going right - they couldn't even catch a simple kickoff.

``I was looking at the scoreboard, like, 'What just happened?''' defensive end Darryl Tapp said. ``But you just have to continue to play all the game through.''

And so they did, reversing the tide, stopping a team that had been playing with unbeatable passion for four weeks. So what if the other team scored two touchdowns early in the final period? The Seahawks responded with three of their own in Saturday's 35-14 victory over the Washington Redskins in the NFC wild-card game."

For those who missed it.

Now, for the record, in 2004 Seattle was in this same position facing Green Bay. In Overtime, Matt Hasselbeck won the coin toss and declared, "We'll take the ball and we're going to score!" - he then threw an interception to Al Harris and my Seahawks lost.

This time I'd like to see them pull through and eventually take out the Patriots in the Super Bowl!!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Matt being Smack Wyldish LOL

Darin! Great to Spice Girl Football is back
Matt does tauning goodgey goo baby voice

"you need your pads and helmet do you..incase you get hurt you poor little soldiers"

:D :D :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

You wanna talk zmack, do you?

If I could think of something clever I'd say it, damnit!
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

Since I grew up in Boston... it's the Patriots for me... and the Bruins and the Sox. But not the Celtics because I could never get into basketball.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Well Randy, I truly feel that if the Seahawks can gt to the Super Bowl, they can give your Pats a run for their money.

That said, I don't feel the AFC even needs playoffs... just put the Pats in the Super Bowl now.