8/7/81 vs 8/8/81 differences????

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

atomicpunk5151

8/7/81 vs 8/8/81 differences????

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

There has been quite some debate on these 2 shows over at a few other sites so I am looking for some expert opinions here.

Enchantgy posted Cableguys version of 8/8/81 South Fallsburg, Ny over at DIME yesterday. A direct tape transfer. Great sounding show. http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=107695

Anyways here is the debate: Is this really 8/7/81 Providence? Some think yes, others no.

Are there any small diferences that you notice that can seperate these 2 shows.

For example on the new CGxxx version of 8/8/81 during the intro of Believer Ozzy says "Crazy, Crazy Motherfucker, the King of the crazyman....).

Any insite would be cool to unravel this mystery. Ozzy dates are pretty fucked up, LOL!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I haven't listened to either for a while but I think that the name Providence is said by Ozzy at the Providence show. Althought they are 2 deffierent show which is all the matters, I will give them a listen and write about this further. :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

Another funny one since I am listening to the GCxxx version of 8/8/81 right now. Before Iron Man, Ozzy talks about the guys in the crowd squeezing their balls to hit the high notes.
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

Well I compared the new show Enchantagy put up from cableguyxxx that claimed 8/8/81. It turns out it was 8/7/81 Prov, just mislabeled.

It might be a gen lower then what I already had so at least it was an upgrade.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

This is one of the only mistakes on Randy Perrys bootleg list, the dates are the wrong way round or something I cant remember, but trust me. South Fallsburg on THIS site is South Fallsburg, and Providence on THIS site is Providence, I have not listened to cableguys but i reckon hes probably the same!
CrazyBrain

Post by CrazyBrain »

On my copy of Providence Ozzy says
"we're gonna do a, a ballad i wrote many years ago" before Paranoid.
"Balls" are mentioned in both versions of "Iron Man" but the word "squeeze" is only used in Providence.
CrazyBrain

Post by CrazyBrain »

I just downloaded the versions found at this page and it seems i got
my old versions reversed. That means everything i said before probably is vice versa :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have to check this fully, I am sure my copy of Providence (I have owned for over 20 years) I recollect that Ozzy says Providence during the show! If I can locate that 'Providence' it will prove once and for all that our Providence show is the REAL Providence. The whole debate is academic as the shows known as Providence and South Fallsburg are different shows which is the most important thing.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
easter

Post by easter »

they're both great
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

Now I'll have to go through my boots to get them straight.
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)