Where do you people get this stuff?

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Dazz2814

Where do you people get this stuff?

Post by Dazz2814 »

Where do you guys obtain your bootlegs? Ebay? Bootsales? I never find any!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Our Free Audio section!
andy m

Post by andy m »

Most of these guys obtained them through years of trading. I, unfortunately, didn't realize that these boots existed until I was able to surf the internet. :oops:

Andy
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Where do you people get this stuff?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dazz2814 wrote:Where do you guys obtain your bootlegs? Ebay? Bootsales? I never find any!

These days you Google "bootleg trading" and find peope who are willing to trade for the stuff you are interested in. A lot of people will do 2 for one trades of blank disks to help beginners start out. (To clarify, you send two blank discs, the trader makes a copy on one for you and keeps the other in exchange for what he/she is giving you.)
enchantgy

Post by enchantgy »

http://www.dimeadozen.org occasionally has some Randy Material

other sites are for example

http://www.jamtothis.com (not seen any Rhoads there yet, but in a couple of days there will be)

http://www.thetradersden.org

All 3 mentioned focus on lossless material though. If you have the opportunity to download a lossless version, do me a favour and keep it lossless. please do NOT convert it to mp3.
if you choose not to decide,
you still have made a choice
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

enchantgy wrote:www.dimeadozen.org occasionally has some Randy Material

http://www.jamtothis.com (not seen any Rhoads there yet, but in a couple of days there will be)

All 3 mentioned focus on lossless material though. If you have the opportunity to download a lossless version, do me a favour and keep it lossless. please do NOT convert it to mp3.
hey dude, i know you mean well with everything you are doing, but even your space has a limit sooner or later. Darin cannot upload 70 flac shows, and although, i have the resources to do that, i havnt got the time. I may upload some flac shows. But also, a lot of these shows were ruined when they were first put onto CD.
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

skezza wrote:[hey dude, i know you mean well with everything you are doing, but even your space has a limit sooner or later. Darin cannot upload 70 flac shows, and although, i have the resources to do that, i havnt got the time. I may upload some flac shows. But also, a lot of these shows were ruined when they were first put onto CD.
That is why Bit torrent is great, you don't have to upload it all. Just one at a time, everyone downloads, then seeds for others. You can then archive your .flac on cds or HardDrive. Also big Hard drives are getting cheap.

No offence to anyone here, but mp3 is downgraded quality and a waste of time. It is also destroying the trade community, but that is a debate for another time. I am not here to preach or try and change anyones opinion.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

atomicpunk5151 wrote:No offence to anyone here, but mp3 is downgraded quality and a waste of time. It is also destroying the trade community, but that is a debate for another time. I am not here to preach or try and change anyones opinion.
If you don't like mp3s, then don't download them. Just quit bitching about how terrible they are. They are the standard and that's why they are used. Don't give me any of your BS about FLAC and "destroying the trading community"... there is a reason that people buy MP3 players and not FLAC players, because they are the standard that caught on. Regardless of FLAC and WMA and anything else that is "lossless", mp3 is the peoples choice.

Anyone old enough to remember the VHS vs Beta videotape age will remember that Beta was superior to VHS, yet Beta disappeared because the public chose VHS.

When you come here and talk down mp3, you are talking down to people who use mp3. If we choose that format, then leave us be. If you want Randy Rhoads boots in another format, go out and trade for the cassettes and do it yourself.

Skezza and Trigger, thank you for uploading the shows.
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

RockyRhoads wrote:If you don't like mp3s, then don't download them. Just quit bitching about how terrible they are. They are the standard and that's why they are used. Don't give me any of your BS about FLAC and "destroying the trading community"... there is a reason that people buy MP3 players and not FLAC players, because they are the standard that caught on. Regardless of FLAC and WMA and anything else that is "lossless", mp3 is the peoples choice.

Anyone old enough to remember the VHS vs Beta videotape age will remember that Beta was superior to VHS, yet Beta disappeared because the public chose VHS.

When you come here and talk down mp3, you are talking down to people who use mp3. If we choose that format, then leave us be. If you want Randy Rhoads boots in another format, go out and trade for the cassettes and do it yourself.

Skezza and Trigger, thank you for uploading the shows.
No worries, like I said, I'm am not trying to preach or anything. The debate is pointless, some are to set in there ways to change. Also the .flac vs mp3 example you used is not quite right. It should be cd quality vs mp3, I think cd players are quite popular. .flac is just for achiving & sharing, you convert to .wav for playing.

Just take what Enchantgy & myself say as a little bit of education and nothing more. Use the info if you want, don't be afraid of change.

I have quite a few of the good quality Ozzy/RR shows in lossless format thanks to some old school traders, so I already followed your advice and did it myself.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

As a trader with most of the Ozzy shows around I have to admit I have never been bothered about the quality of the shows I get. For me its having the individual show that is important I have 400+ Ozzy shows and I never really listen to them, I just want another 400 and then another 400 :D .
If my collection was about quality alone I would only have about 100 shows now.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
heymanooh1

Post by heymanooh1 »

RockyRhoads wrote:
atomicpunk5151 wrote:No offence to anyone here, but mp3 is downgraded quality and a waste of time. It is also destroying the trade community, but that is a debate for another time. I am not here to preach or try and change anyones opinion.
If you don't like mp3s, then don't download them. Just quit bitching about how terrible they are. They are the standard and that's why they are used. Don't give me any of your BS about FLAC and "destroying the trading community"... there is a reason that people buy MP3 players and not FLAC players, because they are the standard that caught on. Regardless of FLAC and WMA and anything else that is "lossless", mp3 is the peoples choice.

And what player would that be? An iPod? So by your VHS/Betamax reference, the iPod is the standard mp3 player? iPods support playing lossless files too. The majority of iPod consumers don't know that because they don't bother reading the manual.

And by the way, the people didn't "choose" VHS over betamax. The industry chose VHS technology. So your analogy sucks much like mp3 for trading.
CrazyBrain

Post by CrazyBrain »

Flac obviously got a better quality than mp3 as it's much larger in size. But I much rather have a mp3 than nothing. Then at least i got a reference so I know if i want to get a flac of it. I mean flac ain't the wizard who makes bad recordings sound great. Also limited bandwidth and flac ain't a good combination.

For the industry, cash has always been more important than quality.
Rhoads4ever

Post by Rhoads4ever »

enchantgy wrote:www.dimeadozen.org occasionally has some Randy Material

What Enchantgy says and many years of mail trading with some awesome traders worldwide . I have over 1000 boots of bands as varied as Dream Theater to Tangerine Dream

Oh Ench its me RusherMan how ya been dude ??? lol