Pete Way and Don Costa Bootlegs?

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Elpowerkapo

Pete Way and Don Costa Bootlegs?

Post by Elpowerkapo »

Hello people how are you? I've been finding out if there is a bootleg of the two bass players Ozzy please greetings.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pete Way and Don Costa Bootlegs?

Post by Trigger »

Almost all the shows Pete played were available as boot's and many Costa show are also available, with Costa they made boots of almost all the early Euro shows and then about 5 of the US shows were recorded as well.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Wow! Who knew? I figured these shows would have been real scarce, in terms of audience recordings, as the band was in constant flux and Ozzy was in a pretty bad place.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

What happened to Don Costa? Is he still around? I tried to search around for him, but couldn't find any info at all.

Not sure if it was a rumor or not, why on earth would he think it's cool to put a cheese grater on the back of of bass? I've read it was to scratch his knuckles, so they would bleed during performance. :lol:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Rumor has it he was into Sadomasochism. Some say he was ousted for giving Ozzy's outrageousness a run for it's money. Supposedly Ozzy gave him one of those patented punches in the face, broke his nose and he was done. Bob was given the call shortly after.
Don was a member of the group M-80 and was on the first of their two albums and pretty much vanished after that.
I know Pete Way said himself that the basslines for Ozzy's material were beyond the scope of what he was accustomed to playing, so I wouldn't expect much there, but I'd be curious to know how well Don performed Bob's stuff.
What are your thoughts, Ian?
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:D Just visited my friend today and he´s a recordcollector and had purchased album by "M-80", featuring Don Costa and some other geezer...it had sticker on the cover that said "Heavy Metal- ex-Ozzy Osbourne member!" Pretty interesting, thought I didn´t care to listen to it...maybe some other time. :wink:
Mikel
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Whoop', Don was OK and seemed really up to the job considering both he and Jake only had about a week to be ready for a 5 month tour promoting 'Speak of the Devil'. On the first leg of the tour (the UK shows) Pete was on Bass and he was awful! on the boots I have he is really off key and plodding, but to be fare Pete was a big man to step in and save the tour which Rudy almost ruined by not showing up.

These are the known shows that were recorded with Don in the Ozzy band.

Helsinki Finland 12 Jan 1983
Stockholm 14 Jan 1983
Copenhagen Denmark 16 Jan 1983
Hamburg Germany 18 Jan 1983
Offenbach 20 Jan 1983
Lausanne France 22 Jan 1983
Nierenberg Germany 25 Jan 1983
Brussels 28 Jan 1983
Augusta 19 Feb 1983
Rockford 22 Mar 1983
Quebec Canada 30 Mar 1983
Worcester 4 Apr 1983
Glen Falls 5 Apr 1983

These are the known recorded shows that Pete played with Ozzy in December 1982

St Austell 10 Dec 1982
Birmingham 12 Dec 1982
London 14 Dec 1982
Newcastle 18 Dec 1982
Glasgow 19 Dec 1982
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A previous thread on Don Costa Enjoy :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=796&hilit=costa
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thanks Ian. It's odd he's never, ever surfaced again, unless he's gone from this earth, locked up or just palin doesn't want to be found.
Thanks for the link to the other thread, Shaun. Boy, it makes you wonder how much the Osbournes spent on custom tailored leather and chains stage clothes for members who wound up being temporary? :lol:
Seeing pictures of Don, I'm reminded of Sammi Curr from the 80's horror flick "Trick or Treat".
I think there was at least one pic of him in the Ozzy HM Photo Book as well...playing a black BC Rich Mockingbird, I believe....man, the stupid stuff that sticks in your mind, eh?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah that HM photo book is a cool one for the collection. ? I remember a photo from a mag of Don Costa with an ice pick he is raking down his bass. He looks a little crazy or was he just that type of guy ?. Answers on a post card :lol:
Elpowerkapo

Post by Elpowerkapo »

Trigger wrote:Almost all the shows Pete played were available as boot's and many Costa show are also available, with Costa they made boots of almost all the early Euro shows and then about 5 of the US shows were recorded as well.
Oh please do I get?
:cry: