BOOTLEG TRADES. SERIOUS TRADERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

r.w.rhoads

Post by r.w.rhoads »

THIS IS MY LIST OF BOOTLEGS. I WILL TRADE FOR ANY RANDY STUFF, Q.R. OR ANYTHING ELSE INTERESTING. THESE ARE ALL ON C.D.

SHOWSCOTLAND 9-12-80
MANCHESTER 9-23-80
CHELMSFORD 10-22-80
HARRISBURG, PA 4-23-81
ROCHESTER, NY 4-29-81
NY PALLADIUM 1ST SET 5-2-81
NY PALLADIUM 2nd SET 5-2-81
CLEVELAND 5-11-81
EL PASO, TEXAS 6-23-81
LONG BEACH 6-27-81
TEMPE, AZ 6-28-81
OAKLAND 7-4-81 “A DAY ON THE GREENâ€ÂÂ
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Do you have any non Randy Ozzy shows?

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
r.w.rhoads

Post by r.w.rhoads »

JUST RANDY SHOWS, SORRY!!!
enchantgy

Post by enchantgy »

I have tonns of stuff to trade. Not so much RR stuff though unfortunately. Maybe we could work something out. Everything I have is lossless. What I mean with that is that never at any point were the recordings converted to mp3.

You state that your shows are all on CD, which is great... but... were they at any point in time mp3s?

I am looking for lossless audio mostly. If there is a show out there that is only available as mp3, I will listen to it, but it not go on my trade list...

If anyone is wondering why I don't want mp3s... have a look at
some analysis I did: http://progger.usask.ca/mp3/
if you choose not to decide,
you still have made a choice
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

i think 192 is fairly good and is good enough to listen but 128 you can tell that some treble has been lost. i think mp3 are a simpler way to trade i guess.
enchantgy

Post by enchantgy »

skezza wrote:i think 192 is fairly good and is good enough to listen but 128 you can tell that some treble has been lost. i think mp3 are a simpler way to trade i guess.
It's not really about the sound (at least not initially) it about the preservation of ALL the music. (this means ALL the frequencies)

Call me a picky bugger if you'd like but... what's wrong with wanting to preserve Randy's music in the best possible form? (I know that no-one said that there is something wrong with that, but at the same time... there are very few that support me in this cause...)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I totally agree, tis best to use a lossless audio codec. Trigger is soon to give me some tapes which i will put onto PC so there will be no loss frequencies. would you mind telling me what software u used to analyze those
enchantgy

Post by enchantgy »

skezza wrote:I totally agree, tis best to use a lossless audio codec. Trigger is soon to give me some tapes which i will put onto PC so there will be no loss frequencies. would you mind telling me what software u used to analyze those
Good to hear that you're planning!

I used Cool Edit pro (which was bought out by Adobe and is now Audigy)
r.w.rhoads

Post by r.w.rhoads »

i get the "lossless" theory. all i want to do is trade randy rhoads recordings. i could care less about the quality of the recording. good quality is nice, but randy wasn't here for long, and i want watever i can get. i posted "serious traders please" in this forum. so let me know if anyone wants to trade. thanks!!!!!!!!
heymanooh1

Re: BOOTLEG TRADES. SERIOUS TRADERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by heymanooh1 »

r.w.rhoads wrote:i get the "lossless" theory. all i want to do is trade randy rhoads recordings. i could care less about the quality of the recording. good quality is nice, but randy wasn't here for long, and i want watever i can get. i posted "serious traders please" in this forum. so let me know if anyone wants to trade. thanks!!!!!!!!
But generally, the serious trader will not trade in mp3. I for one won't.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

WHy is it that the "serious" trader won't trade in mp3 format? And this "lossless" idea is humorous when applied to bootleg performances by Randy Rhoads. All these shows were recorded on tape and a great many on cassette tape. 20+ years of regenerating copies and the quality has dropped. The minimal loss in mp3 recording is negligable.

"Serious" boot trader? Whet the hell does that mean?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RockyRhoads wrote:WHy is it that the "serious" trader won't trade in mp3 format? And this "lossless" idea is humorous when applied to bootleg performances by Randy Rhoads. All these shows were recorded on tape and a great many on cassette tape. 20+ years of regenerating copies and the quality has dropped. The minimal loss in mp3 recording is negligable.

I am with you on this! I am interested in the recording not ther format.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
heymanooh1

Post by heymanooh1 »

RockyRhoads wrote:WHy is it that the "serious" trader won't trade in mp3 format? And this "lossless" idea is humorous when applied to bootleg performances by Randy Rhoads. All these shows were recorded on tape and a great many on cassette tape. 20+ years of regenerating copies and the quality has dropped. The minimal loss in mp3 recording is negligable.

Then you're not going to get far in the trading community. I think you'll just have to learn that on your own as you go along.

And just because mp3 is a digital format doesn't mean it doesn't degrade in quality or won't have errors. No technology is 100% efficient ever! It's the basic laws of Physics and Chemistry, specifically the 2nd law of thermodynamics: Entropy. You even said it yourself there is minimal loss in mp3 recording. So who knows how many times the file you got got from someone else got copied before it reached your hands.

Like I said, you'll just have to learn a you go along in "trading".
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

heymanooh1 wrote:

Then you're not going to get far in the trading community. I think you'll just have to learn that on your own as you go along.

And just because mp3 is a digital format doesn't mean it doesn't degrade in quality or won't have errors. No technology is 100% efficient ever! It's the basic laws of Physics and Chemistry, specifically the 2nd law of thermodynamics: Entropy. You even said it yourself there is minimal loss in mp3 recording. So who knows how many times the file you got got from someone else got copied before it reached your hands.

Like I said, you'll just have to learn a you go along in "trading".
Obviously flac files are very good but often they have already been converted to mp3 at least once, the damage is already done.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

heymanooh1, I don't want to be offensive, but you should learn a little about your audience before making sweeping statements about "going far in the trading community". I've been trading boots for a long time and have been looking for Randy Rhoads collectables since 1982.

Physics and Chemistry? Whatever... it's all about what you can hear with your own limited range of hearing. People who frown on mp3s because of the "loss" are elitists who are a bit whacked, in my opinion. Anyone who has played guitar with any amount of volume for more than a year will tell you that the constant ringing in the ears will effect the sound of a bootleg recording more than any minimal loss ever will.

Thank you for providing your point of view on the matter. I do appreciate it, even if I disagree with it.