Second Half of Tribute Album

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

andy m

Second Half of Tribute Album

Post by andy m »

I know I've seen this someplace before but can't seem to recall where. :?: Can someone please tell me which show is the second half of the Tribute Album? Thanks for the help!

Andy
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Andy

The Tribute album is the whole of the Cleveland show with lots of re-working from the initial live broadcast in 1981, the part of the Tribute album that is not from the Cleveland show are the last 2 tracks (No bone movies & Goodbye to romance) which were recorded in 1980 in Southampton, also they removed RR's solo from Cleveland and replaced it with his solo from Montreal!!! I have no idea why? however the Montreal show was another fully broadcast live show the only part removed from the broadcast was the drum intro to Iron Man.
The Southampton 1980 show was the source of the Mr Crowley live ep! that featured the songs Mr Crowley, You said it all & Suicide Solution.

No other songs from the Southampton show have turned up yet in the collecting world so we have at least two more full pro-recorded shows to look forward to in the future, Montreal 1981 & Southapmton 1980 :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
andy m

Post by andy m »

Thanks Trigger! I should have been a bit more clear in my question. I know that the Cleveland show was used as a basis for Tribute. I should have asked which show NBM and GTR came from. Thanks for the info anyway, it was very helpful! Is the Southapmton show available for download?

Regards,

Andy
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

andy m wrote: Is the Southapmton show available for download?

Andy
I am sorry o say it isn't! I was told plans were in place to release this about two years ago but up to now its still unavailable :cry:

As a collector of RR audio for almost three decades I have never seen this show for trade or sale, the best we can hope is that the Osbourne's realise that we RR fans would snap it up if they decide to sell it.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
andy m

Post by andy m »

Thanks again Trigger! Yes I'm sure it would go like hot cakes if it was bright to light! I too am always looking for new RR things to surface.

Thanks again!

Andy
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

In the June 83 issue of Record Review Ozzy is interviewed and pressed quite a bit by the interviewer (Jon Sutherland) about Randy live recordings in his archives and Ozzy is very vague or straight out doesn't answer the questions. He specifically asks him about the Mr Crowley EP and asks Ozzy if there are any more recordings from that show or era and Ozzy's response is "I really don't know. That's all in the past and I'm looking towards the future." Come on Ozz, you don't know if there are recordings in the vault from that era?? We already know he had what would become Tribute, he should just invite me over and I'll gladly sort through his archives for him at no cost :D
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

its only a matter of time before the Montreal show is released officially, maybe 5-10yrs from now if it does not make it out with Ozzy's box set at the end of the year. I wonder if they will keep the solo in there or replace it with the one from Cleveland ???