Bootlegs

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

KurtL

Bootlegs

Post by KurtL »

Did Randy ever play, "War Pigs" live with Ozzy?
I have a file that claims it is randy playing "War Pigs" but it sounds more like Zakk Wylde.
Did Randy ever play "Purple Haze" live with Ozzy?
Once again, I have a mp3 that claims to be Randy, but I think it is Zakk Wylde again.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

War Pigs is most likely from the CD Just Say Ozzy featuring Zakk. The Purple Haze track is from the CD Stairway to Heaven/Highway to Hell which is a tribute compilation from 1989 that coincided with the Moscow Music Peace Festival (again featuring Zakk).
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

That version of War Pigs on Just Say Ozzy is fucking AWESOME.
KurtL

Bootlegs

Post by KurtL »

thanks for the replies guys, much assistance, thanks.
the purple haze solo is incredible, uhhh, another question:
Are there any Randy Rhoads bootlegs with Ozzy that have no swearing?
I was wondering about one from the US Diary tour and the UK Blizzard tour.
I have one that was broadcasted on Canadian radio on 7/28/81.
That one is clean, are there any others with minimal to no swearing?
Schkott

Post by Schkott »

I have never heard Randy play War Pigs anywhere. Does War Pigs with Randy even exist?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Schkott wrote:I have never heard Randy play War Pigs anywhere. Does War Pigs with Randy even exist?
No he never played that tune but he did in rehersal/audition. The official story is they never played War Pigs EVER but a friend of mine auditioned to drum for the band and he went to the audition having learned Paranoid, Iron Man, Children of the grave and War Pigs!
It could have been that he just went with these tracks in mind in case he was asked to play what he knew of Ozzy's old stuff OR he was asked to play them. All I can say is that he was certain that he took the playing War Pigs along with him to the audition.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

I would imagine that they'd almost HAVE to have played some Sabbath tunes. Even just to get the thing going. That would be pretty cool to hear him playing some Sabbath stuff (or anything) other than those three stinkin' songs they played.