Obtaining a copy of 7/28/81 Montreal

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NoQuattro
Cool Member

Obtaining a copy of 7/28/81 Montreal

Post by NoQuattro »

I've downloaded it thrice from the free audio section here, yet get an error when I try to unzip it to a folder each time. All of the other boots work, though. The link over on TK is dead for this boot, unfortunately. Is there a link to some FLAC files or a different zip file? I've heard the quality on this bootleg is excellent and would love to get my hands (and ears) on it.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

I tried it from that link, and yet again I get this:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Blizzard of Ozz Bootlegs\07-28-81-Montreal\81_07_28.ZIP: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

So, short of putting a few shells through the side of my computer tower here, what are my options? Even though it has a *.zip file extension, I don't think it is recognizing it as a zip file or something. How frustrating!
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Had this problem once as well, installed another unzip program and then it went fine. (reinstall windows will probably help as well......... :x )

Some free unzip programs you can find here:
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.htm ... p&tag=srch

Good luck! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

If you wait a couple of hours while the server is reset, you can redownload it. Currently all the free bootlegs are offline because the severs got moved. but i got this one up super fast, but theres 4 gig to upload to the other one :lol:
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

I tried an old version of WinZip, no dice. I downloaded another unzipping program, no dice. It gave me roughly the same error message. Argh! It probably is this stupid computer, even though I did a system restore on it about a month back. I've had problems here and there...I just don't understand why it won't unzip this precious bootleg! Skeeza, are you re-uploading here or over on TK?

Also, thanks for all of the suggestions and help so far. It's nice to find an internet forum that has nice, helpful people on it. Especially when it's concerning keeping Randy's memory alive. Long live RR!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I'm near Atlanta myself, I'll have to buy you a beer for the trouble.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

NoQuattro
Cool Member

Paranoid

Post by NoQuattro »

Wow, Paranoid was absolutely sick from this concert. Incredibly beefy tone on this one. The first neck bend is way deeper on this one than the version on Tribute, he must have bent the hell out of that poor Les Paul's neck! The fills in this one are way better, the only things I prefer on the Tribute version are: the first pinch harmonic and resultant feedback noise at around 34 or 35 seconds; and the odd "tape is getting chewed up and the amp is feeding back" noise (I think that's about as close of a description as I can get) on the Tribute version was a little wilder and didn't die out. But, the solo in this version is incredible. He definitely went a little crazy on this night.

Whatever "it" is, Randy certainly had it. Thanks again, cableguyxx!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Paranoid

Post by Trigger »

NoQuattro wrote:Wow, Paranoid was absolutely sick from this concert. Incredibly beefy tone on this one. The first neck bend is way deeper on this one than the version on Tribute, he must have bent the hell out of that poor Les Paul's neck! The fills in this one are way better, the only things I prefer on the Tribute version are: the first pinch harmonic and resultant feedback noise at around 34 or 35 seconds; and the odd "tape is getting chewed up and the amp is feeding back" noise (I think that's about as close of a description as I can get) on the Tribute version was a little wilder and didn't die out. But, the solo in this version is incredible. He definitely went a little crazy on this night.

Whatever "it" is, Randy certainly had it. Thanks again, cableguyxx!
This is Randy's best version of Paranoid, it's hard to believe he hated the song when you can hear what he could do with it :shock:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Yessss! Now I've got all the tracks. Thanks once again, cablueguyxx. It's cool to know there's another Rhoadsaholic near by!