Signed Blizzard of Ozz by all members inc Randy Rhoads

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jcgswims

Signed Blizzard of Ozz by all members inc Randy Rhoads

Post by jcgswims »

Hi, Just thought I would share how my husband came to be in the possession of a signed copy of BOO. They came to Blackburn, Lancs, UK in Oct 1980 to play in the King Georges Hall on their BOO tour and my husbands Mum decided to treat him the the album (lucky lad). They were doing signings of the LP in a local record store called Ames Record Bar in Blackburn town centre. So his Mum queued up but as she wasn't a fan, in fact she didn't even know who they were, when it came to her getting her album signed, there was a bouncer standing there with his arms crossed overseeing the proceedings and she start to thrust the album in his direction for him to sign thinking he was a member of the band! Needless to say he wasn't impressed and looked at her in disgust and then pointed her in the direction of the band. She was a tad embarrassed to say the least! Anyway, thought I would share this story and it tickled me :) Best wishes Julie

ps sorry about the 3rd photo, Can't get it to rotate for some reason

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Signed Blizzard of Ozz by all members inc Randy Rhoads

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Julie, Thanks for posting up your husbands signed album. That's a great album to own and it's fully signed. The band did many in-store record signings during the 1980 tour. I know the band did a signing in my home town but i only found out after my friend went and got his album and single signed. He never even mentioned he was going. He knew i was a big fan and i even went to the same gig with him. I've been lucky to pick up a few similar signed albums from ebay and you have yourself a great collectible lot, are you planning on selling this ?. Thanks for posting the signatures here. Regards Shaun ;-)
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcgswims

Post by jcgswims »

Hi Shaun, Thanks for your reply. We didn't realise what an item we had until I started looking into it. We would be curious on the potential value of it? but we probably won't be looking at selling just yet. I think he wants to hang onto it for a few more years but who knows :) Kind regards Julie
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Julie i've sold a few different fully signed Ozzy albums and tour programmes. The average i've made on them is anything from £200.00 - £2050.00 yeah that figure isn't a mistake. But they sell for about £ 350.00 - £450.00 on a regular basis. I've picked them up for a lot less, as little as £30.00. Signatures are a hard thing to sell, ebay has that much crap for sale and it's recognising the genuine signatures.
jcgswims

Post by jcgswims »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I can imagine there are lots of forgeries out there and we are just lucky that ours is genuine. Think we'll hang onto it for a few more years and I'll tell my husband to take better care of it from now on, now I know the potential value of it! :)
teamotk

Post by teamotk »

Hey, do you guys still have the album? Thanks