Fully Autographed Blizzard of Ozz Programme From 1980 Legit?

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jeffozz

Fully Autographed Blizzard of Ozz Programme From 1980 Legit?

Post by Jeffozz »

Hi Guys,

I was looking for some opinions on the authenticity of this autographed 1980 Blizzard programme?

I got the 1980 Blizzard programme off of a private seller back in the late 90's early 2000's. Was told he got it and had another so he was willing to part with one...

I always felt it was authentic due to the fact that I have seen many of similar elements of this particular signature in various other examples thought to be authentic.

So, do you think it is legit?

I also sent some pics of this to Bob Daisley in 2005 and he said "It looks like you got a set of goodn's there, mate! Cheers".

Ozzy's sig I have seen many examples with this sloppiness (especially around the late Sabbath/early Blizzard days).

Finally got it framed and want to hang it so bad, but want to feel like it's certainly the real deal first!

Thanks for your time!

Jeff
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r4.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Fully Autographed Blizzard of Ozz Programme From 1980 Le

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Jeff that looks great in that frame. Are you in the UK ? who did you buy this from ?.
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Thanks Shaun!

I'm in Michigan...
I got it from a guy named Jay Holt (lived in Dallas).
I have two other fully signed Blizzard LP's, but the centerfold looked so cool to me, so I decided to frame it!
The others I got off ebay.co.uk many years ago and I have no doubt about those... I could post those as well so people have more to compare. Is there a thread you recommend I post those to?

Thanks,

Jeff
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That would be cool to see, you can post them up in one of these threads.
viewtopic.php?t=726
viewforum.php?f=41
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

IT is real.
RR had about 3 variations of his sig during ozzy.There was no chronological order,he employed all from 1980-82.One variation was a quickie,sloppy one.This is what you have.
Yours is one of the sloppier rr sigs of the sloppy variation i have seen-he must have been wasted which is pretty cool.This isnt a bad thing as, as long as its real, its gold.The r+h in rhoads is the sloppiest i have ever seen and almost dont seem genuine but the 'oads' is the clincher as is the d in randy.The r in randy looks chopped off.A unique example with a twist.

***the other variations were legible,fancy and 'elegant' as you can see in the other main thread on fakes etc...Caligraphy training maybe or i think people back in the day were taught i how to write with fountain pens or something.I love the penmanship on government documents written pre-20th century.Its artistic.

how to tell a real RR signature:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Thanks!
It's going on the wall today...
Jeff
Jammin Jay

Post by Jammin Jay »

Jay Holt here.....Should would like to buy it back if ya ever want to sell it...
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Hey Jay!
Good to hear from ya...
Jeff:0)
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Jay,
Are you still in Dallas?
I used to live there...
Can't wait to see the shirt.
Jeff
Last edited by Jeffozz on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jammin Jay

Post by Jammin Jay »

I became a member on here over the weekend and the first thing I noticed was the autograph I sold you.....Thought that it was mine, scrolled down in the thread and sure enough there was my name. I wish that I had all my Rhoads collection back. Times were tough and had to sell almost all of it. Still have my prize possession though...A shirt owned and worn by Randy during the Quiet Riot era. I'm in the process of getting it authenticated through people that were there close with Randy....So far it has been very positive and the story from the girl I bought it from 15 years ago matches up perfect...Ron Sobol remembers her and the day well....Just waiting for Jodi Raskin to get back with me to let me know if she made it...Then I will find the biggest Rhoads collector and make his collection complete...Photos coming soon...Stay tuned...
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Jay,
If it makes you feel any better, the centerfold you sold me is MY prized possession, so it went to a good home!
Thanks again,
Jeff