Are these real RR autographs?

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

newyorkglitter

Are these real RR autographs?

Post by newyorkglitter »

Hi I am new here and have seen so many different Randy autographs it is hard to tell what is or isn't real. Can someone tell me if this looks like a real autograph please

http://guaranteedautographs.com/rhraphsiaubl.html

I've noticed that this one is more stick straight on the R's where most of them are more roundish. Hope that made sense. I have been a fan of Randy's since before he died. I was 17 when he died and will be 48 in Feb. I think he is the BEST and even though I never met him miss him so much. :cry:

Thanks for allowing me here and any help would be appreciated. There are a couple others I have seen (autographs)

I guess I may as well post it, I know these would be copied or printed but even so if they were he real autograph I would love to have them just to have some part of him.

Here is another in question:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/88483069/ra ... _faveitems

Thanks for any help! Oh and Happy New Year!
:P
Allison
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Are these real RR autographs?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Allison, I've been collecting Rock HM memorabilia since i was a young rocker back in the 70's early 80's. I've seen many RR signatures and that one you've put the link to is nothing like his. It's another bad attempt and nothing like the way Randy would sign his signature. When i first joined this forum we put together a very useful thread on how to recognise his style and flow and after you've seen a few genuine items you can see a few different Randy signatures but they do have a similar connection his 'andy' looks prity much the same and the 'r's are sometimes done in a few different styles. check out the thread and don't be suckered in to buying anything that is signed by him without getting some help or the vote of approval. I've seen a good set of signatures on ebay and they are expensive. £1500.00 for a signed Ozzy programme. You can pick them up for a lot less. Good luck ;-)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726
newyorkglitter

Post by newyorkglitter »

Hi Thanks a lot, do you think the 2nd link looks real at all? I didn't think the first one was, the lady selling the item in question said it was real..of course they will all say it I'm sure. I have lurked here for a couple weeks and this place ROCKS! I am so glad people are keeping Randy's memory alive. He so deserves it.

Thanks again for the help :)
Allison
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That counter stand is something that someone has made up. It isn't something that was a promo item or even from the time when RR was alive. The signature is a printed facsimilie, one which looks original. But its something you could make yourself with the help of a printer and some card board. This is that signed programme i mentioned
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221157386371
newyorkglitter

Post by newyorkglitter »

Wow that program is ex[ensive. Wish I had that kind of money. I've seen autographs for $7400.00 thats crazy. I thought the second link looked like it might be real even if a copy. Some people might not want it but it's low enough so I would buy it.
Thanks again for your help!

Happy New Years! :)
Allison
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

nyg,that printed rr signature is fake.Ive never seen randy print his signature but as far as i know that is fake and wouldnt touch it.Go to the thread dedicated to the matter .
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120