Is this autograph authentic?

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

damn_j_guy

Is this autograph authentic?

Post by damn_j_guy »

I just bought this autograph on Ebay, my name is Jason so I couldn't resist. So now that the auction is over..... any thoughts on it's authenticity? It's my first Randy Rhoads item so thanks for any info.
Attachments
rhoads.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Is this autograph authentic?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That looks 100% genuine, is the signature wrote on the back of a ticketstub. Is this ticket from a 1980 UK gig ?. This was the style of his signature from the early Blizzard days. What is the connection with the GHS guitar string, was this one of his strings ?. Cheers for bringing that signature here. It's good to pass the positive vote on this one. It's a common site to see fakes, instead of the genuine article. Do you have any history of when it got signed ?.
damn_j_guy

Post by damn_j_guy »

Thanks! I got it for $271.99 and now I'm just waiting to get it in the mail, all I know about it is the Ebay description:

Super Rare Randy Rhoads Autograph acquired in 1981 when Randy was in New York City on the Blizzard of Ozz tour. He stopped by a music store on the lower west side (same location as the NYC Electro-Harmonix offices) and signed a store flyer. Only recently has footage of the historic Palladium show become available. Autograph is clean, sharp, and clear, kept in the same plastic from the pack of strings bought that day for protection.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

damn_j_guy wrote:Thanks! I got it for $271.99 and now I'm just waiting to get it in the mail, all I know about it is the Ebay description:

Super Rare Randy Rhoads Autograph acquired in 1981 when Randy was in New York City on the Blizzard of Ozz tour. He stopped by a music store on the lower west side (same location as the NYC Electro-Harmonix offices) and signed a store flyer. Only recently has footage of the historic Palladium show become available. Autograph is clean, sharp, and clear, kept in the same plastic from the pack of strings bought that day for protection.
That's not a bad price for a rare piece of RR history. A signature is about the closest you'll get to owning something from him. You said this is the first piece of RR memorabilia you've collected ?. I know some fans, would give a testicle and a kidney to own this. Was the auction mobbed with bids ?. Don't tell me it was a 'Rhodes' spelt wrong listing.
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

Congrats, nice find. I had Randy along with Rudy & Ozzy sign the inside sleeve of the Blizzard of Ozz album when I met them at a record store on 8th street in NYC 1981. I wouldnt sell mine though.