Why didn't this sell ???...

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Why didn't this sell ???...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was watching this on ebay and no one bought it. Was it the sellers description that put them off ?. Or was it the signatures being signed in marker pen ?. You decide.... The price was $499.99 = £309.69 which was reasonable for a set of the old original line up. This was the guys description...

UP FOR AUCTION I HAVE A SIGNED BLIZZARD OF OZZ 7" (CRAZY TRAIN / YOU LOOKING AT ME LOOKING AT YOU) SIGNED BY OZZY, LEE KERSLAKE, BOB DAISLEY, AND THE LATE GREAT RANDY RHOADS.
REAL RANDY AUTOS ARE HARD TO COME BY, ESPECIALLY WITH THIS SETUP. I FEEL THIS IS ONE IS PRETTY GENUINE. THIS ONE WAS TAKEN ON THE BLIZZARD OF OZ TOUR IN LONDON. I SELL THIS ONE BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN MY COLLECTION AND FEEL THAT I DON´T NEED 2. MY FATHER TOOK BOTH THOOSE IN THE LATE 1980 WHEN HE WAS IN LONDON JUST TO SEE OZZY AND MET THE GROUP AFTER THE CONCERT. I WILL SEND A C.O.A FROM MY SHOP WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY SO YOU CAN BE SURE OF THE AUTHENTICITY!
SO HAPPY BIDDING TO YOU! GOOD LUCK. CHECK MY FEEDBACK.
THE RECORD IS IN TOP CONDITION TOO.
Attachments
Ozzy RR fully signed Crazy Train 2.jpg
dinomite
Cool Member

Re: Why didn't this sell ???...

Post by dinomite »

My guess is a combination of things. The first being whether it was noticed. Randy's sig has fallen somewhat off the eBay radar in recent times and I personally have only seen a few in the last 6-12 months.
Second probably price, even though it's still fairly reasonable (to a collector) it's starting to get up there. $500 is a fair bit to lay out on something which could be questionable since the marker pen could look a little sus to some people.
That's simply my opinion.

Btw, here is a very similar one from October last year which I wish I had have seen when it was listed:
http://www.popsike.com/OZZY-OSBOURNE-BL ... 75406.html
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

dinomite wrote:My guess is a combination of things. The first being whether it was noticed. Randy's sig has fallen somewhat off the eBay radar in recent times and I personally have only seen a few in the last 6-12 months.
Second probably price, even though it's still fairly reasonable (to a collector) it's starting to get up there. $500 is a fair bit to lay out on something which could be questionable since the marker pen could look a little sus to some people.
That's simply my opinion.

Btw, here is a very similar one from October last year which I wish I had have seen when it was listed:
http://www.popsike.com/OZZY-OSBOURNE-BL ... 75406.html
I'm sure it was noticed and it was on ebay for 28 days. Many collectors of RR memorabilia do a search for Rhoads, Rhodes, Rhoades on ebay as his name does get spelt wrong alot. It had something like 167 hits on that lot, and if i was to buy it or win the auction at its starting price i would of getting it for bargain price £309.00 which is an investment. The market has dropped off and the only reason i can think of is the recession. When one signature sells for alot, you will get other people listing them. I think you have to pick your moment as you can get bargains and sometimes i've picked up RR signatures for as little as £15.00. I've posted up many signatures i've sold on here.
Yeah i mentioned that other Crazy Train 7" at the time, i was suspect of his signature. But i know he wrote his signature small, even if it was for the other signatures £120.00 is a cheap set.
Kel

Post by Kel »

if you look at it - I think its fake - looks like whomever signed it spelled Rhoads with and "e"
Verbum Domini Manet en Aeternum

Kel
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Kel wrote:if you look at it - I think its fake - looks like whomever signed it spelled Rhoads with and "e"

Ive been looking at this one for a while.Wow,i have been trying to figure this one out because of what you point out.However i had a eureka moment just now and the reason it looks screwed up is because the y drops all the way down and looks like part of the d but the d is what looks the e right before the s.Got that?

Yeah its legit.Sometimes marker is sloppy.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120