My Blizzard Signed + Some other goodies

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dinomite
Cool Member

My Blizzard Signed + Some other goodies

Post by dinomite »

Well, Ebay has been pretty good to me these past few months. I was able to bag some nice things at pretty good prices.

First is a fully signed Blizzard UK Cover which came in the mail today. The front is signed by Randy, Ozzy and Lee. Bob has signed on the back, on his hand and because of the black on the cover it makes it rather hard to see but you can still make it out in person. Also would have been nice if all the signatures were on the front but still, it was Randy's signature I was after and so having all four original members' sign it makes it an added bonus and more complete.
The only info I got was that it was signed by the band at an In-Store Appearance to a Shop called 'Way Ahead' in Nottingham, sometime in late 1980. The seller received it from a friend and that was the only info he gave him. I asked Shaun when I won it and he seems to think it looks pretty much spot with the signature of Randy's in that period. Pretty good bargain I think for £87.00.

Some other items I was lucky enough to get a hold of as well were both UK Tour programs. The Blizzard Program has the poster still intact and is in pretty good condition. The Diary Program comes from the Cardiff show from the very short UK tour. This one is also in pretty good condition with only general wear showing.

I also got the Mr. Crowley EP in very good condition for just £3.

I also picked up a copy of Alan Perry's photo's which are awesome and am currently waiting for an original 1981 Blizzard US tour T-Shirt which should be cool.

Cheers,
- Rhece
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: My Blizzard Signed + Some other goodies

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thats a nice collection of Ozzy / RR related memorabilia. Those signatures all look good and you picked that up for a bargain price. I managed to bag meself a 1980 UK tour shirt in good worn condition. The print is still in good order just a pity its small and no chance of it stretching over my girth LOL!!. Cheers for posting those up Reche
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

The Randy sig is 100% REAL.

How the fk did u score that for that price???
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

I guess I just got lucky. There were some people trying to snipe the item as I could see them being put through in real time. I was on my computer when the auction was ending and frantically clicked and clicked with the one click bid option.

As for the price itself, there wasn't really much action to begin with and with the duration only being 7 days I guess it may have just slipped through the cracks...
I've seen them go for a lot more (as we all have), especially when they go up for Auction.

I'll almost certainly get it framed, I'm thinking of a swinging door type thing which opens up so that the back can also be seen, or even something where it's sandwiched between two pieces of glass? Not sure yet.

Here was the Auction: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110770731276
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm surprised how i never seen this listed at the time. I do look for Ozzy & RR listings on ebay on a regular basis. I know it brings up a bigger search for items when the name is listed in the description & in the title. It may of been the Ozzy+Randy and the title didn't do the auction justice. But it was leading up to christmas and alot of people are spent up and don't have spare cash to buy items like these. I have picked up some really cheap items over the years and i've getting RR signatures for as little as £15.00 = $25.00. You picked up a nice one, this will look great in a frame. I would think about carefully splitting the album cover down the edge and opening it out. My old mate Dave (RIP) had a lovely example of one he matted & framed. I'll have a look for it and post it up ok.
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Well the title did have "Randy Rhoads" and "signed" and that was all I used to search for it. But I think at the time as well from memory that I initially searched for it on ebay's .co.uk site and found it that way. Then I asked if the bloke would be willing to send it to Australia as it was listed as only being "Posts to: United Kingdom".

I would love to see the Picture of what the cover looks like signed and framed like that Shaun!!! To be honest though, I don't think I'll get that done to the cover. My Brother actually suggested the same thing when I showed him. To me, that kind of "damage" would be irreversible but you never know, so I'd love to see that picture.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've had a look for the mentioned framed item and i cannot find it. I did notice that Wyldeone (Dave) had cut the back photo from his signed Blizzard cover. It looked excellent it was on a red and black matted frame. I thought he'd opened up the album as i'd suggested. You could send this to Bob Daisley and he'd be able to sign the front cover for you. I know it is a massive gamble to post this, but he does live in Australia. His signature has never changed since 1980. Or you could scan the back sleeve photograph and print it off at a high res. You know its up there in the frame and it stops you from splitting the front from the back cover.
I am in the UK and i look for RR signed items all the time. I just don't know how this one escaped me. The price started at 99p which is rare they are normaly set at a fixed high price. Did you pay much for your tour programmes ?. Cheers Reche
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

I'm pretty sure I'll leave it as is. I was actually watching the show 'Pawn Stars' a little while back and I remembered seeing an episode where a guy brought in a framed document signed by John Hancok (a founding father of the US). He signed both the front and back of the document and the owner who framed it had done it so that it could be opened to view both sides. I was thinking whether something like that or even in a plexi-glass box with the right dimensions to house it.
The Episode can be viewed here if anyone is curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbMUjNNI_8

I may even hold out for a bit and hopefully, when Bob does a book tour he'll make his way down to Melbourne for a signing. I might take it in to show him and have it signed then?

To answer your question Shaun, I paid £20 for the Blizzard Program and I paid £25 for the Diary Program. Both of which I felt were pretty fair in value plus also considering I would rate the condition as 'Good-Very Good' for both of them.

oh, and btw, Not that it bothers me lol but it's Rhece (as in Reece or Rhys) hahahaha
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

dinomite wrote: To answer your question Shaun, I paid £20 for the Blizzard Program and I paid £25 for the Diary Program. Both of which I felt were pretty fair in value plus also considering I would rate the condition as 'Good-Very Good' for both of them.

oh, and btw, Not that it bothers me lol but it's Rhece (as in Reece or Rhys) hahahaha
That's about the going price you paid for those. If they are all together and in mint condition you will pay that little bit extra. The 1980 prog does have the poster missing alot of the time. As it would end up on the wall back in the day and became separated from the original prog. My apologises for not getting your name correct Reece Rhece :oops: