What is this worth?

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dammitchris

What is this worth?

Post by dammitchris »

Authentic, In my possession since I saw the show. I am thinking of selling it and wondering if it is worth the trouble.
Attachments
ozzy rhoads.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: What is this worth?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah that would make yourself more then the $11 you paid for it back in 1982. Tickets are a very collectible item these days and with the Randy Rhoads connection. I would say $50 maybe more, stick it on ebay and if you get 2 people wanting this ticket you may get $100+.
dammitchris

Post by dammitchris »

Thanks for letting me know. I have a collection of stubs and passes from when I worked as a stagehand in the 80's. I am trying to get values for either selling or insuring them.
Does anyone know of a good site for appraisals of this kind of memorabilia?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

What passes do you have from the Ozzy tours. If you'd like to PM me cheers
dammitchris

Post by dammitchris »

I am selling it on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
Hope to see you there.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Chris did you get my email ?.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

dude, I can't imagine seeing Randy play and blow me away and two days later find out that the same man who made that beautiful music died incidentally... I'd get chills... that ticket has a lot of value to me.
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

That ticket is worth a very great show ;)
StokeCity

Post by StokeCity »

I have an original "official programme" from the first Blizzard of Ozz tour in England in Oct 1980 at the King's Hall, Stoke.
The band was Ozzy, Randy Rhoads, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake.

The Programme is signed by Ozzy, Bob Daisley and (twice) by Randy Rhoads. He signed the "red" bio page and the colour poster page next to it. I have no idea why he signed it twice for me, but I thank him if he's reading this from up there! :-)

The back cover is also signed by someone. Not sure if it's Lee Kerslake. The signature looks like "burbe Jhuley" No idea who that is? Anyone know?

Anyone have any idea how much this is worth? It's in mint condition. I've had it in a draw for most of the last thirty years.

We stood outside in the rain for hours after the gig to get signatures.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Stoke, You have the programme signed twice by Randy. Thats a bonus and a very valuable item. The other signature that you cannot recognise is from the support band Budgie. The singer and bass player Burke Shelley this is the same programme from 1980 signed by the same man and the rest of the band on the back cover. If you get time could you post up some pics of your programme. This may interest you it's a ticket signed by RR from the Stoke gig.
Attachments
Ozzy signed ticket Randy Rhoads.jpg
Randy Rhoads & Budgie signed prog 1980.jpg
StokeCity

Post by StokeCity »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hi Stoke, You have the programme signed twice by Randy. Thats a bonus and a very valuable item. The other signature that you cannot recognise is from the support band Budgie. The singer and bass player Burke Shelley this is the same programme from 1980 signed by the same man and the rest of the band on the back cover. If you get time could you post up some pics of your programme. This may interest you it's a ticket signed by RR from the Stoke gig.
Thank you. That makes total sense.
The support band was pretty good, so I assume I chased the guy down at the stage door.

I'll post some pics on Monday. I remember sitting in the upper balcony and being affixed on RR. He was absolutely awesome.

I moved to California twenty odd years ago and found the programme in a case of stuff my parents sent over a while back.

Really not sure why RR signed it twice. Both signatures are crystal clear, so I can only think I stuck my programme in front of him twice and he signed it. They were all very nice guys. Stood and chatted to us at the back of the King's Hall for a bit before they left. Not sure why I didn't get Lee Kerslake's signature?

Thanks again for the pic of the ticket. Remember standing in line at Mike Lloyds in Hanley for the ticket you showed.
StokeCity

Post by StokeCity »

The two Randy signatures on the two pages of the programme

Page 5 of the programme

Page 6 of the programme