An Interesting Goodie For Some Of You Rhoads Fans

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LosPer

An Interesting Goodie For Some Of You Rhoads Fans

Post by LosPer »

First, post - great to be here amongst brother and sister Rhoads fans....

I am NOT selling this, and never would...not as good as a signature, but certainly an interesting piece. A friend of mine studied with Randy's teacher (as well as Yngwie Malmsteen) when out at GIT in CA in the early 80's, and knowing I was a huge Rhoads fan as well, he gave me one of two that he was given by Delores Rhoads. I'm looking for an autographed photo of Randy that I can put in a display case along with this catalog/magazine.

Doubtful that he ever even touched this magazine given the date (he was on the Road a lot in 1981 - that was when I saw him in Asbury Park in the old Convention Hall. I was also supposed to see him in Spring of 1982 at Madison Square Garden...well, you know what happened. I got to see Ozzy with Bernie Torme. :( And Brad Gillis. :( And then Jake. :)

Also, I just picked up a really cool live performance from Montreal from another Rhoads fan. Full Ozzy concert 1981. Interesting stuff. Randy uses different phrasings for a lot of the solos - stuff I had not heard before. :)

I haven't done a search yet. If any of you don't have it yet, let me know and I will make it available.

Peace.

LosPer

Re: An Interesting Goodie For Some Of You Rhoads Fans

Post by LosPer »

Not that interesting I guess. :) No comments?
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:D That IS interesting! Randy was purchaser of this mag then... Is there anything special that he´s underlined or marked, in the pages of this mag? :wink:
Mikel
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Pretty cool-but he was on tour when this came out-would be cool to have wether he read it or not!
LosPer

Post by LosPer »

Agree. There was a break in the tour around that time, but I hardly expect that reading a bit of trade press was at the top of his list when he got home!!!
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

That is really cool..I would say that is one of the best things a fan could get..
LosPer

Post by LosPer »

Thanks!! I'm glad I've been able to keep it safe and in good condition all these years...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This is a wonderful peice of RR history, you are a very lucky person.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.