L@@k What i got ....

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

L@@k What i got ....

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have been very lucky to get myself 2 different signed items from Randy Rhoads UK tour in 1980. The first was a signed Blizzard tour programme which i had to sell. This had Ozzy and Randy's signature only. Not a bad turn around on this one i paid £150.00 and i got £2050.00 back. I must admit i had to look twice as the bids went hectic in the closing seconds. So it just goes to show people are taking notice of how Randy did his signature.
Attachments
000_0021.jpg
000_0033.jpg
000_0036.jpg
000_0034.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: L@@k What i got ....

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

These both came from ebay and surprisingly the Ozzy programme had no one bidding on it. So i got this for the opening bid. This one here i put a max bid of £280.00 and i got this one for less with only 2 other bids. I bagged this for only £105.00 This one is fully signed on the front cover and should look great in a frame. I have listed this on ebay and it finishes on the 3rd April 2011.
Attachments
000_0028.jpg
000_0030.jpg
000_0031.jpg
000_0032.jpg
000_0033.jpg
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Damn. That's sweet. Congrats on your new RR stuff! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Damn, that was yours! I saw it on eBay at the time, got excited and waited towards the end to put in a bid, but was really bummed out to see it up around £2,000!! :shock: Way too rich for my budget, but I'm glad to learn it went into the pocket of a member here though. :)
Ric

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Whipper wrote:Damn, that was yours! I saw it on eBay at the time, got excited and waited towards the end to put in a bid, but was really bummed out to see it up around £2,000!! :shock: Way too rich for my budget, but I'm glad to learn it went into the pocket of a member here though. :)
Yeah that was mine and i'm glad to say it went for an excellent price to a loyal fan. Too many fakes on ebay put people off and an original RR signature sold the same week as mine for £70.00 So i didn't think mine would make as much as it did.
This fully signed Blizzard album is still available and i'm open to sensible offers. If anyone is interested please PM me.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Hey Shaun, this looks like your album on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/OZZY-BLIZZARD-OZZ-RA ... 1c1a883c61

Damn, I was hoping to possibly take it off your hands someday, but now's a shitty time for it. :(
Ric

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Whipper wrote:Hey Shaun, this looks like your album on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/OZZY-BLIZZARD-OZZ-RA ... 1c1a883c61

Damn, I was hoping to possibly take it off your hands someday, but now's a shitty time for it. :(
Not to worry i'm seeing Randy Rhoads signatures quite alot 3 turned up on ebay last week. You just have to be very careful and know what is real and what is BS. I know Randy did signings in at least 8 cities in the UK during 1980. So his signatures do turn up now and then. The faked crap out numbers the genuine items, which is really off putting for fans to fork out a high price. I have had to break the bad news to a few people who have thought they've bought an original RR signature.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

I have noticed that. I suppose it may have something to do with the 30th anniversary hype that's been bringing them out onto the auction block lately.

This was the most special of any autograph I've ever seen available though. Not only is it on the BOO album, but it's also signed by the complete original lineup! Hope you rake in lots of dough ion this one too!!
Ric

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Whipper wrote:I have noticed that. I suppose it may have something to do with the 30th anniversary hype that's been bringing them out onto the auction block lately.

This was the most special of any autograph I've ever seen available though. Not only is it on the BOO album, but it's also signed by the complete original lineup! Hope you rake in lots of dough ion this one too!!
I've noticed after one sells on ebay you will see a couple turn up the following week. Especially when they are selling for big money, plus they are a good investment. I spoke to an autograph collector and he told me that Randy's signature is rarer then any of the Beatles, Jim Morrison, Hendrix, SRV, Elvis etc. He said he'd buy that album from me when he got the cash together. He was looking at $5000.00 he offered me that knowing it will be worth that in a couple of years time. I know i'll be able to pick up other signatures in the future, but it isn't cheap to get them authenticated. If i get any more in the future i'll be sure to let you know ok.
goob92

Post by goob92 »

those signatures are nice.....I have been a collector and I know they are genuine
tonyK

Post by tonyK »

Holy ...er goodness. I've just put my signed BOO on eBay. It should list on Friday at 10pm Bristish Summer Time. It'll be on for 10 days. mmm.. no reserve. See how that goes. I've got the little poster that came with the record and got them all to sign that too, although I'm not including it.

I was front row seat, A24, at Southampton Gaumont. Now called The Mayflower. I met Ozzy earlier before the show when he was doing sound checks for the Mr Crowley 12" that came out. After Ozzy had disappeared into the venue to do more sound checks, I walked up to the hotel and met Randy just coming out. He was a bit pushed for time but made time to chat - and ask where the venue was! Stupidly I didn't walk back there with him. He was very polite, a real nice chap. So slight as well. How he managed to ware a Les Paul Custom around his neck without snapping I don't know. I got autographs from Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake after the gig by the back door. Got the programme signed by them all then too.

I was a big Sabbath fan and really enjoyed the show. I thought Sabbath was dead when Ozzy left. I had a cut off denim jacket that I embroided Black Sabbath in large gothic letters in the shape of a cross on the back. I'd also put the dates they started and the date that Ozzy left too. Nevertheless I went to see BS do Heaven and Hell earlier that year and met those guys too at their hotel the following morning. Ronnie James Dio was such a gent. They were waiting for the bus and were tired, but RJD chatted away to me like he had nothing better to do.

Back to the plot. If you listen to the 12" Mr Crowley live single you'll hear an idiot at the front whoop. Actually, the less said about that the better...
Attachments
P1020194.JPG
P1020205.JPG
P1020198.JPG
P1020189.JPG
P1020195.JPG
P1020187.JPG
houselabdj

Post by houselabdj »

Won this auction today http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156 I saw this on GEMM from a dealer who wanted $50 & when I was ready to buy ( about a month later ) she had already sold the single . Not really looking for this but theres a 12" CBS promo I recently bought W/ YSIA on the flip , but still the U.K. 12 " Mr. Crowley is a better pressing @45 RPM . Can't wait for this to arrive .
houselabdj

Post by houselabdj »

Just received today & am listening to it SOUNDS GREAT ! Drums sound great & the good thing is this was released before all these CD's started fighting the loudness wars W/ this over compression going on . YSIA does clock in @ 4:07 . Interesting how credits say "Produced by Blizzard Of Ozz " this promo disc was worth EVERY PENNY in my eyes plus this track should've been on the box .
RRFAN123456789

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

Whoa. That's pretty cool.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982