IS THIS A REAL RANDY RHOADS AUTOGRAPH

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

slingblade
Mass Poster

Re: IS THIS A REAL RANDY RHOADS AUTOGRAPH

Post by slingblade »

Lita_Ford_Randy_Castillo.jpg
slingblade
Mass Poster

Post by slingblade »

lrg-1613-oz-diary-ranblalp-0041.jpg
lrg-1613-oz-diary-ranblalp-0041.jpg
Last edited by slingblade on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That top signature is from Randy Rand the bass player from the Lita Ford band. I remember when the guy on ebay sold that. He had a couple of autograph books with some great signatures including the late Randy Castillo, Ronnie James Dio, Cozy Powell and Stevie Ray Vaughen.
The other looks very questionable i would say its fake i cannot see no tell tale signs of that being from Randy's hand.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

slingblade wrote:2 rhoads autographs trying to upload
Why are you asking this ? you've uploaded that autopsy report no problem ?
geoff11

Post by geoff11 »

It looks genuine, apart from no loop at the bottom of the Y on Randy. I had the good fortune to see Randy on the Blizzard of Ozz tour at The Edinburgh Odeon, on 15th Sept 1980. Me and some pals waited at the back entrance and met the band going in and they were happy to sign tickets and programs. I'll get hold of a digital camera and upload mine for you...I know they are both genuine as I got them myself!! There seem to be differences in some of the signatures on here, but the one from the Music City Guitar Seminar is the closest to mine.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

geoff11 wrote:It looks genuine, apart from no loop at the bottom of the Y on Randy. I had the good fortune to see Randy on the Blizzard of Ozz tour at The Edinburgh Odeon, on 15th Sept 1980. Me and some pals waited at the back entrance and met the band going in and they were happy to sign tickets and programs. I'll get hold of a digital camera and upload mine for you...I know they are both genuine as I got them myself!! There seem to be differences in some of the signatures on here, but the one from the Music City Guitar Seminar is the closest to mine.
Hi Geoff welcome to UR, i collect Rock memorabilia and i have a huge collection. I was like you and i started to see bands in the late 70's early 80's i think my first gig was The Scorpions in 1979. I use to hang around the Newcastle city hall i remember Rush and Van Halen being some of the bands who i had to watch through a broken window. It was seeing bands like them that made me appreciate live music. The atmosphere at gigs back then was awesome.
Randy's signature does have a few different styles his early signatures are very neat with the 'hooks' on the RR - R's. Then as the time went on and he was doing more record signings and touring his style got messy and the only way to recognise his writing was the connection on the 'd's' and the 'and' in Randy. I've seen alot of Randy signatures and the obvious fakes are laughable. This thread here may be of interest to you. viewtopic.php?t=726
Yeah Geoff post your collection up in the collectors corner. It would be cool to see your signed tickets etc. Cheers :wink:
watersfootball

Post by watersfootball »

I've seen quite a few Randy autographs plus the ones on this website it looks pretty genuine to me my friend. Youre lucky to own such a great piece of history.

Mike
cliffdimerandy

Post by cliffdimerandy »

i have a signed blizzard of ozz set from the uk tour that id like you guys to look at. you can see it at
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewto ... fb54349485
i posted pics of it there. thanks
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

I had the strangest eBay experience ever with the above item -- it was put up on eBay a week after this post, I won it. The next day after winning the auction it was cancelled by the seller, claiming it got damaged. A minute after that notice was received I got an email from someone claiming to be the seller's cousin, informing me that it was stolen from him and to avoid any contact with him because he'll rip you off. But he says he has others that he'll sell to me for less that what I had won this auction for.
Ric

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Whipper, by 'above item' are you referring to the 'cliffdimerandy' post above yours?
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Overall CDR's auto looks nice but...It has an extremely odd A in randy-i dont think i have ever seen that variation.For me as always, the always-present tie to the D in randy and rhoads is missing.

edit:i wont say this is real or fake ...just that i cant vouch for it one way or the other.
Last edited by oth on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Whipper, by 'above item' are you referring to the 'cliffdimerandy' post above yours?
You are correct. CDR was the eBay seller as well. The cousin's IP address is from a town about 20 miles from the seller's town, in a province here in Canada where CDR is from, so that all checks out. I didn't bother responding to the cousin though, the whole thing just stinks.

Very interesting observations Oth, thanks for that! The only thing that had thrown me off was how the 'y' in Randy went straight down instead of looping to the left, but I've seen several verified autographs that did do this. One thing's for sure, it's a pretty good fake if it is. They're usually quite brutal.
Ric

oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

The A in randy is an anomaly.I have never seen one like that in either legit or non-legit samples.
reneemvaughn

Post by reneemvaughn »

This looks real to me. I have an autograph from his last concert. They were all staying at the Hilton in knoxville, except ozzy, and a group of us met them. I have a light bronze, handsewn, silk scarf, signed and given to me the same day as the concert. The signatures look very similar.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

reneemvaughn wrote:This looks real to me. I have an autograph from his last concert. They were all staying at the Hilton in knoxville, except ozzy, and a group of us met them. I have a light bronze, handsewn, silk scarf, signed and given to me the same day as the concert. The signatures look very similar.

Post a pic pls.

re cdr's auto:there's also a weird gap between the d and y in randy.Almost looks like its spelled r a n d i y