Fairbanks Original Tribute Resin

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TAB
Madman

Fairbanks Original Tribute Resin

Post by TAB »

Here is 1 you might like in this corner, a 1st run Fairbanks original resin. I don't know if I am going to build it since I do have another I built from Jimmy flintstone, however this is the original with packaging and photos.

Blizzard0fOzz

Post by Blizzard0fOzz »

Nice! I was looking for that all over the internet. It was on ebay once and went for only 30 dollars. I regret not buying it. Anyways thats awesome.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

thats awesome im an avid modeller , thats sweet
crazy but thats how it goes
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Very cool! (looks way better than those knucklebonze figures)
A while ago I saw one at ebay, didn't buy it because I'm not a good painter. I think it's tough to get it painted right?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Yes Resin is an art in itself and a major hobby if you want them to look like the pro's. I done a couple of this figure already and used to do models as a kid. I have been getting more into the hobby and just purchased one of The Curse of the Werewolf figures also and couple Model mania dvds to learn the craft better. It's like guitar playing you can't learn overnight , you have to practice and take new information in. I want to do sculpting and do my own versions of Randy. Yes the knuckle bones are not very good.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Are those still available? Should get one to decorate my bookshell....
Mikel
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Not the original Fairbanx pictured above. It was a limited run with the box and all. Unless one pops up on ebay. However the figure kit itself was recasted through Jimmy Flintsone. It was on his website. Those also pop up on ebay more often.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Im a friend of Jimmys and he bought the mold off fairbanx when they folded you can get the steps from him also but its more $$ he can get 2 figures on what it takes to make the steps.