It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:44 pm
Posts: 340
Location: bottle of bread.
Eventhogh its on the wrong side of the stage and you hardly see randy it still charms me because its like being stage side, still magic for me. Roll on the ny footage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:11 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm
Posts: 154
Not on speaking terms with Oz? Never heard this. Never heard of the fire rehire stuff either. Were they not all traveling on the same bus? Never read Rudy's book, but maybe I should.

I don't see how you can really tell or say who is having fun and who is not. If I was on a bus with someone I was not getting along with the actual concert performance would probably be when you were the most happy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
Geo Sav wrote:
I wish it were on Randys side of the stage but, very happy that we have it.


I know! I, like everyone else, just want to see more Randy, and less of Ozzy's patented schtick, Rudy's hilarious bass-hitting, and Tommy's intense drumming. Really, they're great players, but their stage moves....

Randy is truly the only one that "owns" the stage, and just shreds. It's like he's miles ahead of everyone else, guitar-wise. Even in this mediocre footage, he shines. Not many players hit parts spot on like this, night after night.

It's tragic he left us so soon; you can just see him waiting to break out. Truly, he was the jewel in this band's crown; it's not hard to see why people would remember his playing above all else from the show.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:22 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
distortionplus wrote:
Not on speaking terms with Oz? Never heard this. Never heard of the fire rehire stuff either. Were they not all traveling on the same bus? Never read Rudy's book, but maybe I should.

I don't see how you can really tell or say who is having fun and who is not. If I was on a bus with someone I was not getting along with the actual concert performance would probably be when you were the most happy.


I disagree. You can tell when a band is firing on all cylinders, and truly having fun playing. It's obvious, and they're smiling, there's a tangible energy, that kind of thing. This does not look like a band that's incredibly happy.

You can fake being happy on stage (Ozzy), but it's pretty obvious when people aren't. Just my feeling after viewing the footage, take it for what you will.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 1:01 am
Posts: 81
Man, on OTM they completely left out the beginning of the concert/intro that is on the dvd. I have the box, it's pretty cool to see Randy walking out, also to see Oz come out of the exploding chair.

btw, the After Hours footage is much more clear on the dvd. Hope everyone realizes that, being youtube and all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:27 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 579
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Wow, thanks to whoever put this up. Great to see more footage!

It just shows that the band behind Ozzy was MUCH better than him, though. They are solid, and Ozzy is kinda "meh". He certainly wasn't as polished (if you can call it that) as in later years in his solo career.

There is no doubt in my mind Randy would have bailed on him had the accident not happened. It's easy to see how Oz's schtick would wear thin. Nobody really looks like they're having fun, sadly.


I became a big ozz/rhoads fan after the accident.I was looking so forward to seeing oz on tour in 1984 and the batm lp.Both were huge disasters after all the anticipation.Batm is a great song but the rest is bad filler and the live show was terrible.Ozzy looks like a monkey fool who doesnt know what to do onstage.Contrast that to van halen w/dlr-now thats a show.
Randy said himself that being in ozzy was like being in Kiss which is no compliment-this was in post-kiss-disco-solo-artist-pre-nostalgia-era. :roll:
Yeah he couldnt wait to get out.
RR saved ozzy's ass.In fact ozzy owes everything to RR for writing 2 great albums that made ozzy relevant.No rr means no fucking beverly hills mansion or reality show.The rhoads family should be living that lifestyle or at least ozzy should send them an 8 digit check.Have you seen the condition of musonia at times-peeling paint abound and a little dilapidated.When you think that this belongs to the family that made ozzy a gazillionaire it seems grossly insulting.

_________________
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:58 am 
Madman

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm
Posts: 329
COme guys, how can you tell that they dont have any fuN?? THey are playing on a huge fucking stage like they are ten miles away from each other! you just assume that they dont have fun but you dont know shit... I play music myself in a band and i dont have a fucking smile in my face each time play and that dont mean i dont enjoy what im doing and my bandmate... That stage is huge man..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
fortress wrote:
COme guys, how can you tell that they dont have any fuN?? THey are playing on a huge fucking stage like they are ten miles away from each other! you just assume that they dont have fun but you dont know shit... I play music myself in a band and i dont have a fucking smile in my face each time play and that dont mean i dont enjoy what im doing and my bandmate... That stage is huge man..


Really? They're having fun but you can't tell because it's a huge stage? Sorry, man, but these guys do not look like they're enjoying what's going on. Looks like another night for them. Not that every night has to be stellar or exciting, but they don't look like they're going to break out in a round of high fives here. I might not play in a band, but watching basic human interactions tells the tale here. All you have to do is observe.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 am 
Madman

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm
Posts: 329
its what i'm saying, they dont have any interaction because of the big stage. LIke people stated Rudy had to stay in his little square, Ramdy on his side and Tommy, how the fuck can TOmmy interact with each other when he is 50 feet in the air? Add the fact that they had some sound problem, that doenst help (read rudy book)


You people are just searching for all bit of trouble when they are any


We know that Randy wanted to leave but that doenst mean he was not having fun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
fortress wrote:
its what i'm saying, they dont have any interaction because of the big stage. LIke people stated Rudy had to stay in his little square, Ramdy on his side and Tommy, how the fuck can TOmmy interact with each other when he is 50 feet in the air? Add the fact that they had some sound problem, that doenst help (read rudy book)


You people are just searching for all bit of trouble when they are any


We know that Randy wanted to leave but that doenst mean he was not having fun


I've read Rudy's book. The gigs are described as being a grind, and the overall tone at times seems as though people weren't happy. How is this "causing trouble"? It's an observation, feel free to disagree! It's all in the spirit of good debate!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 am 
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:18 am
Posts: 37
Location: USA
Thanks for the links...loving it.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/sonic540?feature=mhum


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 pm 
Madman

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:45 am
Posts: 407
To be in a band is sometimes a grind. Working with Ozzy, I'd imagine, would be a bit like working with someone I use to work with, how much will he drink tonight?.....will he take anything??? what condition will he be in on stage tonight..??? will this show be a high or a low?? how sloppy are the vocals going to be tonight...?? and all the other questions that run through your head, that after a short period of time, ruin the fun of being in a band.

We all love Randy Rhoads, and his playing, but that doesn't mean he, or anyone else in the band, was happy to be there after a certain point in time.

Perhaps thats one of the reasons Randy was going to leave after the tour, we'll never know the answer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:53 pm 
Madman

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm
Posts: 329
rokket wrote:
To be in a band is sometimes a grind. Working with Ozzy, I'd imagine, would be a bit like working with someone I use to work with, how much will he drink tonight?.....will he take anything??? what condition will he be in on stage tonight..??? will this show be a high or a low?? how sloppy are the vocals going to be tonight...?? and all the other questions that run through your head, that after a short period of time, ruin the fun of being in a band.

We all love Randy Rhoads, and his playing, but that doesn't mean he, or anyone else in the band, was happy to be there after a certain point in time.

Perhaps thats one of the reasons Randy was going to leave after the tour, we'll never know the answer.



Well, they don't smile you say?? You never have a clear picture of Randy on this video so....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am
Posts: 505
Location: Pikeville, KY
I don't think many metal bands smile on stage. Bands want to own / dominate that stage, destroy it. Not use it as a playground. The band did smile and laugh a lot on after hours. But since we are all quoting Rudys book let me quote it also... Rudy said we all that the after hours shoot was "cheesy".

_________________
Live Life Stronger Than Death


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Its All On Youtube...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:45 am
Posts: 298
oth wrote:
I became a big ozz/rhoads fan after the accident.I was looking so forward to seeing oz on tour in 1984 and the batm lp.Both were huge disasters after all the anticipation.Batm is a great song but the rest is bad filler and the live show was terrible.Ozzy looks like a monkey fool who doesnt know what to do onstage.Contrast that to van halen w/dlr-now thats a show.
Randy said himself that being in ozzy was like being in Kiss which is no compliment-this was in post-kiss-disco-solo-artist-pre-nostalgia-era. :roll:
Yeah he couldnt wait to get out.
RR saved ozzy's ass.In fact ozzy owes everything to RR for writing 2 great albums that made ozzy relevant.No rr means no fucking beverly hills mansion or reality show.The rhoads family should be living that lifestyle or at least ozzy should send them an 8 digit check.Have you seen the condition of musonia at times-peeling paint abound and a little dilapidated.When you think that this belongs to the family that made ozzy a gazillionaire it seems grossly insulting.


You do have a good point. However, I think that the reason Musonia is not repainted or remodeled is because the family wanted to keep it that way. Not in bad shape, but all original. They don't want to mess with it. Maybe they will have to paint the outside some day. I'm sure the Rhoads family are receiving some kind of royalties from Randy's recordings. They are just tight lipped and keeping it private. Just my opinion.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net