Its All On Youtube...

An archive of Randy Rhoads video.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Its All On Youtube...

Post by Jazznroll »

I guess i wont be able to buy the boxset any time soon, ups have been barred from posting to uk, typical.
billeci

Post by billeci »

GLAD I DIDNT DISH OUT $150 . downloaded the "live"?? disc, allready have orig vinal and 90s remasters. also feel they should have put more time into the dvd, sound quality? video quality??? but hey, better than nada...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

billeci wrote:GLAD I DIDNT DISH OUT $150
I agree, but we got some good video of Rudy during the guitar solos!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I remember when we had no video and no boots. ET will be better if and when it comes out. Once again, thanks for this!
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
billeci wrote:GLAD I DIDNT DISH OUT $150
I agree, but we got some good video of Rudy during the guitar solos!
This is a great Rudy box set!! Both concerts has Rudy Rudy Rudy... LOL
$150 dollars?!? I DONT THINK SO....
But hey I bet the box set looks good next to all the other shit you own that made the osbournes rich as fuck...
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

I think the Osbourne's either misspoke or were exaggerating when they labeled these tapes as "amazing". Far from amazing, its barely above bootleg quality.
I would say "its great to have some new video" or something, but i definitely wouldn't call it amazing.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

halo8th wrote:I think the Osbourne's either misspoke or were exaggerating when they labeled these tapes as "amazing".
The word you're looking for is .... lying.
Rattler

Post by Rattler »

Rudy's state of perpetual motion and posing gets on my nerves like the third guitarist from Iron Maden (who is so annoying that I don't bother to know his name)
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

LOL I find all these post about the band not being happy in the vids when the only really clear shots you get are of ozzy's face and tommy's. What do you expect Tommy to be doing smiling and planting flowers while drumming? Should he have a nonstop smile indicating this is the best time of my life? Rudy's face can barely be seen throughout the video because he is concentrating on keeping the record going for most consecutive neck swings in concert history. Randy is to far off in the distance to tell whats going on.

Bottom line is the band was excited to get back on tour and this is the 1st week of the tour, they were all happy, the troubles with everything did not really start peaking until another month and half after this. The show was to project Ozzy as a madman, not Justin Bieber.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Its all about the body language. I won't go as far as to say the band wasn't happy, but something was amiss in the Diary footage. I actually prefer the Palladium footage. Im speaking purely based on body language. The band in the Palladium footage looks to be happy and they sound great. The band in the Diary footage looks and sounds to be going through the motions. Anyone here that is a musician that gigs out on a consistent basis knows that it happens sometimes.

Matt
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

I have never seen a photo of Randy on Rudy's side of the stage or vice versa. No pix of the two players side by side, interacting, or even acknowledging the others presence onstage. Except for the final bow. And that goes for all of the players.... Jake and Bob or Phil, Brad and Rudy, Zakk and Geezer etc.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

And lets not forget the band had definitely some fun during After Hours!
To me the fire and also fun (regarding Randy in particular) was a bit gone in '82. Sound & playing..... Though the image still looked great! (really dig that new NM '82 footage!)

Regarding the O's and saying the footage is 'amazing'. Maybe the didn't exactly mean the qualtiy of the footage but meant to say it's amazing to see Randy performing again after so many years! In that way the new Palladium footage is amazing to me as well!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

shred1 wrote:I have never seen a photo of Randy on Rudy's side of the stage or vice versa. No pix of the two players side by side, interacting, or even acknowledging the others presence onstage. Except for the final bow. And that goes for all of the players.... Jake and Bob or Phil, Brad and Rudy, Zakk and Geezer etc.

They weren't allowed. They were instructed to "stay out of Ozzy's stage space" and to stay on their own side of the stage unless there exceptional circumstances.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

the more i see the footage the more im loving it and finally accepting it for what it is!!im so used to hd this surround sound blah blah that i forgot how i didnt grow up with all this technology??anyway im greatful to see this and hope more will show up eventually!!!after hours is beautiful and the live cd is fuckin awesome!!!!!!RANDY FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!
Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

Over at RR tk Iron said at the end of Paranoid it shows the band take a bow. I guess it didn't get uploaded yet.

I like the Diary footage, but its cool to see it all. I noticed Randy working the Volume pedal between parts
on Flyin High, that was cool to see. Hiding the hiss of the chip pan.