We now have a new banner !

New Software ;o :) Read and comment here!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: Which one do you guys like ?

Post by cableguyxx »

that's pretty damn hot right there. Nice work 8)
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Wow, thanks guys! I wanted to adjust the spotlight because it looked off from the original picture being cropped.

I actually don't mind the current golden color for the text. It's not dull and it's not too bright. It is very easy on the eyes.

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Wow, thanks guys! I wanted to adjust the spotlight because it looked off from the original picture being cropped.

I actually don't mind the current golden color for the text. It's not dull and it's not too bright. It is very easy on the eyes.

:shock: :mrgreen: excellent
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I do like Silver Rhoads' banner, very tasty :)

its up to you lot :D
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Yes Joe , I like it too . Go ahead and use that one .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Go for it! 8)

*The white text was a bit easier for the eyes to me though.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Go for it! 8)

*The white text was a bit easier for the eyes to me though.
its up to everyone whether we want yellow or white :)

im not fussed :)
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

The new banner looks very cool !!
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Re: We now have a new banner !

Post by Silver Rhoads »

I just wanted to say thank you to all that liked the banner enough to post it up there and congrats on the update to the forum!

I'm glad everyone found it "tasty", but I wouldn't eat it because you never know where those pixels have been ... OK bad joke. :lol:

I understand that some like white text for reading, but if you've ever stared at white text on black for a long time, it will mess with your eyes and you'll walk away seeing text everywhere until it wears off. :lol:

This gold is still bright, but much easier on your eyes in the long run or any color that is slightly muted.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

The banner definitely works. I would only alter it in one way. Since the colors in the banner are GOLD = Gibson, BLACK = Polka Dot V, & WHITE = Concorde? I still would like to see the Concorde guitar in there. I mean they built a relic of the guitar just this last year. I'd say it was an important piece of equipment in Randy's arsenal. Why not replace the right picture of the Gibson with the Concorde? You have the Gibson guitar represented in the banner twice. I'm sure many fans think the Concorde was definitely symbolic of Randy's originality. The first statue of Randy was with the Concorde as well. Long before the Polka Dot V. Those are the Holy Trinity of Randy's guitars. I'd push for the black Jackson but there are far fewer pictures of that guitar than the others. I think Randy only used it for two months if I'm not mistaken.
Attachments
Banner.jpg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

I don't mind replacing the image, but it's not up to me. It's up to the peeps that run the forum.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

It's fine how it is .
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Looks awesome. 8)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

glad ya like it Nic,
whats with the Ronaldo avatar lol?
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

If you go to RR.us their banner uses the Polka Dot V exclusively.

If you go to RR.tk their banner uses the Polka Dot V, Classical guitar and Gibson (not shown but implied).

A banner is more than a cool image to look at. It is a story. It tells you not only who the web site is dedicated to but their personality as well. If we want to show the most complete side to Randy we (all members) should do our best to represent that with this site. If there is a limit to what can be included in the banner then there should be an attempt to be as inclusive as possible. Personally, I would like to have 5 guitars represented.

1) Gibson = Randy's Quiet Riot Days and symbolizes his teaching tool.
2) Polka Dot V = Randy's transition from QR to Ozzy's BOO days (uses Polka Dots in the finish).
3) White Jackson (which I have just been told in a PM is incorrectly called the Concorde) = Randy's original design and symbolizes style and grace.
4) Black Jackson (the real Concorde) = Randy's final days with Ozzy
5) Classical guitar = Randy's fundamental passion and true calling.

What I am hoping for is a banner that will go beyond the usual fanfare of focusing on one dimension of Randy's playing and bring a more complete view of his personality. I invite all members to have a say in what the final banner should say about Randy's life.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...