SYMPTOM of the UNIVERSE

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

SYMPTOM of the UNIVERSE

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I've got Sabbath's version down but I want to learn the Gillis solo to it. Anyone have a tab that is even remotely accurate? All I can find is Sabbath's version listed as Ozzy.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: SYMPTOM of the UNIVERSE

Post by stealaway »

There was some kinda scratch-tab at RR TK´s...but I think it´s intro or just bit of rhythm actually... By the way, was there an unmixed/longer version of "Talk Of The Devil" in existence? I recall that they played few more songs than appear on the actual album... :lol: I may remember wrong, not sure tho´..... :)
Mikel
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yeah, there's an unmixed version on YouTube, it sucks because it's an audience recording and you can't hear the guitar... I'll just figure it out with the software I've got, it'll be good practice.

By the way, thanks for commenting on this thread, so often nobody comments.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Yes, you´re quite right Paul- topics like this don´t get much attention. Maybe it´s bit of a drag to write something...dunno :lol:
I have gotten new found interest in music theory too!!! It´s kinda fun to realize something new about scales and things like that, what fits into what etc... :mrgreen:
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Topics like this are more for the guitar players. Tabs and scales etc to anyone who doesn't play its like reading Japanese.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Topics like this are more for the guitar players. Tabs and scales etc to anyone who doesn't play its like reading Japanese.
It's just odd to me to think of non-guitar players having much interest in Randy Rhoads, unless you were a friend from back in the day.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Topics like this are more for the guitar players. Tabs and scales etc to anyone who doesn't play its like reading Japanese.
It's just odd to me to think of non-guitar players having much interest in Randy Rhoads, unless you were a friend from back in the day.
It's the music that i love, my love for Ozzy then discovering who the guy was who was pulling out those awesome riffs and solos etc. I laugh at the people who like bands and don't know anything about them. If your into the band at least appreciate the people who are playing the songs etc. I know plenty guitarists who don't rate RR surprisingly. The most of them say Eddie VH was much better and he wasn't like an icon like Jimi Hendrix or are they just not digging his style and not into Ozzy ?. I must say that i do play a mean air guitar.. :-P
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I got into guitar playing 100 % more after hearing Randy Rhoads!!! Same thing with Jimi Hendrix... Except Randy was much more up my alley!!! :P Jimi was also so long gone at that point... More than decade for sure... Still, thank you for all the great music!!! :|
Mikel
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

The original soundboard recordings of those two nights at the Ritz are on concert vault. They were cheap. I bought them. Ozzy's vocals are very rough and there are some cutouts. But the guitar sounds great