It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Request: Suicide Solution backing track
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 am 

I've been trying to find a decent backing track for Suicide Solution but so far the ones I've found aren't very good.. bass messed up and wrong, cut short, etc.

I was wondering if anyone might have one they made or a really good one I haven't found yet.. the one I've been using for now is HERE if you want to take a listen. I'm looking for something similar to the 7/28 Montreal, CA show, something with a heavy bass thumping and killer drums. Would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction

Post subject: Re: Request: Suicide Solution backing track
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:35 pm 

I've never seen a backing track that specific. I have had great success with the Play Along Series by Hal Leonard and I have all of the ozzy series - which includes many of the great songs Randy did. Suicide Solution is one of them. There are 2 tracks per song; one with all the instruments and one without the guitar. It's professionally recorded and sounds fantastic. Also, it has a tempo adjuster so you can slow it down by as much as 50% in order to practice at slower speeds - and without changing the pitch!

I have nearly 35 Hal Leonard Play Along books and they've helped tremendously. They come with tabs, musical notation and a CD.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:00 pm 
Mass Poster

The backing track you have linked sounds pretty good... so what if it's not 'perfect' ? How are you at playing the song now along with the backing track you have?

In my opinion, you should be able to set a metronome ate the proper tempo and play the whole song along to that. If you've got that down, you could play along to any]backing track and sound good.

That said, I'll see how well I can eliminate the guitar and vocals from the Montreal show using software.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:11 pm 
Mass Poster

Okay, so I did what I could on the Montreal boot... cannot eliminate the vocals or the guitar, the drums and bass are buried.

So I tried the bonus live disc from the box set... same thing, I can eliminate most of the bass and drums, but not the other way around.

Next I worked on the studio version from the box... I manage to eliminate the vocals almost entirely, but the guitar is impossible to remove to make a good backing track. Interestingly, once the vocals are gone I notice quite a bit of keyboard on the track...

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]