Learning RR by eaer

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sbjch1997

Learning RR by eaer

Post by sbjch1997 »

I slowed it down 50%...Any advice for learning songs by ear cause im havin alot of difficulty thanks and ill post tabs up asap

ps once i do this im also gonna do the quiet riot solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8c0DWq ... re=related

thanks
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Learning RR by eaer

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I would say to not to try and run before you can walk. You should start off with easy folk/pop song melodies maybe first and work your way up. E mail me if you would like any book links to good teaching aids.

Cheers

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Why not just use the tabs already done for Laughing Gas and then work out the differences between the RR years CD version and the video version?

I agree with Matt, learning by ear is something you should work on with simpler songs first.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

It's easier to start with jazz and other forms of music with no distortion.

When trying to figure out harmony, start with quality of the chord (major, minor, etc.), then listen to the bass note. (If you figure out the key first, you'll have an easier time figuring out the chords if you know how chord function sounds: the I sounds different than the IV, etc.)

When trying to figure out melody, it helps to hum it.

When trying to figure out a note in general, listen to it, then match it by sliding up to it on the guitar if you have trouble.