I need help with 8 finger/multi-fingered tap technique

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DethCrew30

I need help with 8 finger/multi-fingered tap technique

Post by DethCrew30 »

I really want to learn how to do the 8 fingered/multi-fingered tap technique but need help getting started. Any suggestions?
sbjch1997

Re: I need help with 8 finger/multi-fingered tap technique

Post by sbjch1997 »

i woudl start by bing able to do hammerons and pulloffs with your left hand without having to pick
next i would learn a single string tapping like e-----12tp5h8--- (tap 12 puilloff to 5 and hammeron the 8th) be able to do that with each finger up with speed and accurandy start slowly the ring and pinky are kinda hard
then i would go through some scales you know but by tapping and skipping everyother note like 1 3 2 4 3 5 4 6 etc
do this for a while to be able to play with each finger in your right hand
by now you should have pretty good control over all 8 fingers so make up your own licks if you need anymore help just ask
DethCrew30

Post by DethCrew30 »

thanks for the help i have a pretty fluent left hand but ive been having problems with my right hand and this technique. I guess like anything else it'll just take practice tho lol
DethCrew30

Post by DethCrew30 »

I've found some cool stuff on YouTube but does anyone have any particular videos that they think may help me with this technique? Thanks.
DethCrew30

Post by DethCrew30 »

Hey guys. Just thought i'd let ya know im startin to become more fluent with my picking hand and im slowly startin to get this technique down. Thanks for the help.