Crowley video lessons

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Crowley video lessons

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I am always looking for new guitar lessons and I just came across something I find worthwhile so I thought I'd share it.

These are videos for sale via download which teach Eruption and Mr. Crowley note for note. I downloaded the free demos and I've got to say they are not bad.

Jack Kiefer is not Randy by any stretch, but for people who learn better by seeing the piece played and broken down rather than working it out with the tab and the CD, these videos are worth the price if you ask me.

Check out the demo here.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

yuck, not impressed. the first part of the solo seems correct, that widdle trick, but as soon as he does anything else its horribly flat and horribly wrong. i dont know if others agree?
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

That didn't do shit for me. :?
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

It was okay. For what it is it's pretty good however it's not that accurate to the real solos in my opinion. I like his tone though.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I never knew Randy used a guitar with 23 frets..... :?

Probably a typo but still.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

See, now with 25 years experience, I thought it was pretty well done for teaching a solo.

I realize that a lot of RR fans think it is necessary to be 100% accurate or you'll be offending the master, but I believe it is most important to get the feel of the solo and get the technique down so you can apply it to your own playing.

Randy was the first guy to say that copying was only a means to an end and that the most important thing is to learn the concepts and develop your own style.

As for it being "flat", that has to do with the tuning, not with the note choices. He tuned to standard pitch, not "Randy" pitch. Not to mention, Delores would crush him for putting out a note-for-note, pitch-perfect lesson without her permission. I feel that if you don't know this solo, then this video would be of great help - it'll get you 90% of the way there and thin, if you feel the need, you can work out the "proper" playing on your own.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RockyRhoads wrote:See, now with 25 years experience, I thought it was pretty well done for teaching a solo.

I realize that a lot of RR fans think it is necessary to be 100% accurate or you'll be offending the master, but I believe it is most important to get the feel of the solo and get the technique down so you can apply it to your own playing.

Randy was the first guy to say that copying was only a means to an end and that the most important thing is to learn the concepts and develop your own style.

As for it being "flat", that has to do with the tuning, not with the note choices. He tuned to standard pitch, not "Randy" pitch. Not to mention, Delores would crush him for putting out a note-for-note, pitch-perfect lesson without her permission. I feel that if you don't know this solo, then this video would be of great help - it'll get you 90% of the way there and thin, if you feel the need, you can work out the "proper" playing on your own.
I don't play guitar but I do believe that it's a tribute to Randy that so many people want to play his music. I dont think he would be angry if anyone did it different to him, I think he would like to see other guitarists put a new spin on his songs.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I agree Trigger
BlizzardOfRhoads

Post by BlizzardOfRhoads »

me to
The Art Of Shredding

Post by The Art Of Shredding »

I downloaded them both but the live Mr Crowley one didnt work for some reason, the eruption demo looks alright i'd probably pay the 20 bucs for the whoole lesson because i have never learned any of eruption yet and its a good song to learn.. but i need a guitar with a tremolo bar first :wink: