Ace Frehley Lessons

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Ace Frehley Lessons

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ace Frehley and KISS are the reason I started playing guitar back in the day, so I was thrilled to find video lessons from Ace himself online teaching Cold Gin and Shock Me! Here are the lessons, enjoy.

Watching these, I've got to admit that Ace is average at best, but even he admits he's not great. He just has "it" and his playing still inspires me to pick up my guitar. I'll never be on an equal footing with Randy's talent, but once I work up the nerve to write a song or two of my own, I feel I can work my way up to Ace's level, and that would be good enough for me. Ace Frehley influenced more guitar players than most of the "greats" out there - whether people admit it or not. I'd be happy to be able to play at his level and write songs as memorable as his.
Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LordThurisaz
Cool Member

Post by LordThurisaz »

Ace Frehley is awesome. He inspired me as well.
LTD FX260 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, E/Drop D]
LTD H500 [Dist/Jazz] [9s, D/Drop C]
LTD H1001 [81/85] [10s, C#/Drop B]
GCB-95 [mod soon]
Boss SD-1 [mod soon]
Fryette Sig:X [soon]
Ampeg V412 [Emi Governor/MOW]
Randall RS412LB [Emi Super V]
DR strings
Stiltzkin

Re: Ace Frehley Lessons

Post by Stiltzkin »

do you really need lessons to play like Ace Frehley?

NO!

you need a beer 8)
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Ace definitely had the best songs in KISS; from the early on, as far as I´m concerned! Cold Gin, Parasite, Strange Ways etc... My old band used to play "Parasite" back in the day :lol: Ozzy, Steppenwolf, The Cult & even ZZTop!!! I guess we couldn´t really pick one style of songs or something... :) Well, at least we learned quite a bit playing different things. By the way, Ace´s "No Regrets" is the best book I´ve read this year, when it comes to rock (or any- ) biographies :mrgreen: Put on your black leather! :mrgreen: :wink:
Mikel
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Shock Me!!!!