Guitar Atlas books

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Guitar Atlas books

Post by NicDots »

Ordered the Middle East and Japan books last week and they just came in the mail today. Paul posted a thread about this series of books but I think they may have gotten lost in the crash...

Anyway! These books are really sweet. They come with CDs so you can make sure you are at least sort of playing the things right.

Here's the link at Amazon to all the books.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hey Nic, I'm glad to hear you got your books... the Middle East book is a lot of fun!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guitar Atlas books

Post by Trigger »

NicDots wrote:Ordered the Middle East and Japan books last week and they just came in the mail today. Paul posted a thread about this series of books but I think they may have gotten lost in the crash...

Anyway! These books are really sweet. They come with CDs so you can make sure you are at least sort of playing the things right.

Here's the link at Amazon to all the books.
Ok Nic you have mentioned my 'Hobby Horse' the Middle East! can I request that if you develop some of these Arab music idea's could you let me hear them?
I don't play guitar and hearing this Arab influence coming through is always very beautiful to me.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Sure! Once I figure out how to use Garageband on my Mac, I'll definitely let you hear my (shitty) work. :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So now that you've had these books for a month or so, how are you doing with them?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Miss Nicole... have you gotten any better at playing Middle Eastern and/or Japanese guitar styles?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paul, cheers for the pm these look fascinating!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Wow, sorry Paul! Didn't mean to ignore you.

I am having a bit more fun with the Japanese book than the middle eastern book...I find that the Japanese styled music is better suited to my poor time keeping, hahaha!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:Wow, sorry Paul! Didn't mean to ignore you.

I am having a bit more fun with the Japanese book than the middle eastern book...I find that the Japanese styled music is better suited to my poor time keeping, hahaha!
Now I'm gonna have to check out the Japanese book!

I have fun just goofing around with that first scale printed in the Middle Eastern book. Someday I'll have to sit down and actually work at learning some of that stuff.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

The way the Japanese book is written doesn't necessarily say that meters are not to be stuck to...I just kind of independently looked into Japanese music on traditional instruments and apparently, they are not really big on keeping strict timing. Which is why it's cool! I like the un-natural rests.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

|---------------|-----------|-----------------|------------------|
|---------------|-------1-3-|-3-1-------------|------------------|
|---------------|-0-2-3-----|-----3-2-0-------|------------------|
|---------0-1-4-|-----------|-----------4-1-0-|------------------|
|---0-1-3-------|-----------|-----------------|-3-1-0------------|
|-0-------------|-----------|-----------------|-------5-4-1-0----|

I love messing around with this scale in first position... The drop D tuning and odd intervals make for some interesting sounds over a D chord vamp.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paul thanks again for sending me that music, and also for championing this on the forum. It is load of fun playing around with it all.
A bit of fun would be to post some jams on this!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt