Videos from gig on Sunday

Tabs, Lessons, Tutorials of all styles. Got a question? Heres where to ask!

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Videos from gig on Sunday

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi everyone

Me and Suzie have run the guitar society since October 2006. It is a bit like UR in it's atmosphere. Luckily not a Smack character though

As long as it is guitar related we encourage all styles. There are no egos there just like minded people who love drinking and Guitar!

Anyway it was turn to do a set. Everyone has seen my usual stuff so I decided to do some different stuff.

John Dowland-Flow My Tears accompanying Suzie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314fdE9xva8

Joaquin Turina- Soleares (very Flamenco inspired piece)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqguqnkc9r4

Ain't Misbehaving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsD-LHQ2po

Here is me for the first time ever trying to improvise some Gypsy style jazz live!! (thanks Rice Pudding your work at the tips section was helpful)
This one has a noticeable balls up too! LMAO

Hope you enjoy them!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: Videos from gig on Sunday

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:Hi everyone

Me and Suzie have run the guitar society since October 2006. It is a bit like UR in it's atmosphere. Luckily not a Smack character though

As long as it is guitar related we encourage all styles. There are no egos there just like minded people who love drinking and Guitar!

Anyway it was turn to do a set. Everyone has seen my usual stuff so I decided to do some different stuff.

John Dowland-Flow My Tears accompanying Suzie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314fdE9xva8

Joaquin Turina- Soleares (very Flamenco inspired piece)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqguqnkc9r4

Ain't Misbehaving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsD-LHQ2po

Here is me for the first time ever trying to improvise some Gypsy style jazz live!! (thanks Rice Pudding your work at the tips section was helpful)
This one has a noticeable balls up too! LMAO

excellant work as usual, thanks for making me feel crap :lol:
it makes me very happy to think that anything i said was useful to you :D

just wish i had a guitar society to go to :(

Matthew wrote: This one has a noticeable balls up too! LMAO
a wise man once told me, "those who are not afraid to fail learn fastest" :) , BTW im not familiar with the song so i cant say i really noticed the "balls up".

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Yes!! It has been hugely helpful!

I am just loving this new jazz me:D . My heart hasn't been in metal/rock for many years as a performer (I love teaching it though) so this is just so much fun to play and a great release from Classical Guitar.

Rob, in the other thread you said about posting the GT collumn...please do as I think some of the US guys don't have GT so easily available!

Also Rob why not come down sometime to the society. I will pm you!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Nice playing Matt. 8)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

yeah GT is really good at the moment i hadnt picked up an issue since the one with "lets dance". they got a lot of good stuff at the moment and even better coming up. Next month, Robben Ford, Johny Hilland, Albert King, Django Reinhardt, Angus Young and Son House, im very excited :shock: :D

thanks for the invite, i really should visit london again sometime, defineatly if it involves guitars, id probably get lost along the way though LOL

P.S. GT have some kind of online database coming together, im going to check it out when i get a chance, ill let everyone know what its like...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rice_pudding wrote:a wise man once told me, "those who are not afraid to fail learn fastest" :)
I always liked the quote from CC DeVille: "If you can't do it right, do it anyway."

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:a wise man once told me, "those who are not afraid to fail learn fastest" :)
I always liked the quote from CC DeVille: "If you can't do it right, do it anyway."

:D :D LMAO
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Very nice Matt! I especially enjoyed the Flamenco inspired piece.
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

I must say, I enjoy hearing what Matt has to offer, makes me wish I'd lived closer so I pop in and see what this Guitar Society is like lol :P problem with that is, is not only is it too far away :P but also i never come uninvited! :lol:

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

siro_angel wrote:I must say, I enjoy hearing what Matt has to offer, makes me wish I'd lived closer so I pop in and see what this Guitar Society is like lol :P problem with that is, is not only is it too far away :P but also i never come uninvited! :lol:

Simon
Well, same goes for Rob. If you fancy coming along one Sunday (It is the last Sunday of every month) you are both more than welcome to stay in the spare room and come and meet all the members!

In Pieman language...that was a formal invite!

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Matt, you are unbelievable on Soleares. :shock:
I fucking love Flamenco stuff. 8)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

NicDots wrote:Matt, you are unbelievable on Soleares. :shock:
I fucking love Flamenco stuff. 8)
Thank you Nicole.(a reward was pmed for that LOL)

Django Reinhardt

I just found this and wanted to share it.

There are loads of close ups showing the legendary 2 fingered left hand in action. FABULOUS STUFF! This man sits next to Randy in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5kUOxP ... re=related
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Very, very excellent Matt! I like the hollow body a lot and your nylon string sounded great. Was the audio of these clips recorded separate or with just the camera mic?
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Matthew wrote:
siro_angel wrote:I must say, I enjoy hearing what Matt has to offer, makes me wish I'd lived closer so I pop in and see what this Guitar Society is like lol :P problem with that is, is not only is it too far away :P but also i never come uninvited! :lol:

Simon
Well, same goes for Rob. If you fancy coming along one Sunday (It is the last Sunday of every month) you are both more than welcome to stay in the spare room and come and meet all the members!

Matt
Sweet thanks :D :D :) :) I'll try make it down one day lol, maybe we could all jam :P that is if you can jam with my playing lol, if im not playing with just harmonics i'll be weird in the sense of guitar playing, plus my timing aint that good :P

SImon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

siro_angel wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Simon

Matt
Sweet thanks :D :D :) :) I'll try make it down one day lol, maybe we could all jam :P that is if you can jam with my playing lol, if im not playing with just harmonics i'll be weird in the sense of guitar playing, plus my timing aint that good :P

SImon
Simon I have had many weird avante garde jams too where literally anything goes; so jamming with you would be great!
McLowery wrote:Very, very excellent Matt! I like the hollow body a lot and your nylon string sounded great. Was the audio of these clips recorded separate or with just the camera mic?
It was the mic on the camera but the Classical has a modified pt to it. Very discreetly it has a pick up inside and the lead often cannot be seen when playing live.

Also it doesn't lose any of it's character of being a Classical when amplified.

Thanks Mike. I absolutely love the Gretsch sound!

Matt